WSA exhibition 2009 Las Vegas

I recently discovered that there is a exhibition for footwear coming up in feburary. I looked at the companies that came last year and there seemed to be well over 100. Well, this year I’m a junior looking for connections, and a lead for a footwear design internship this summer. Has anyone been to this, or knows much about it? Should I go?

Thanks

search the thread here in the footwear forum. this show (and others) have been previously discussed. you should find all your answers you are looking for.

R

Check this thread.

It’s not covered in the other thread, but WSA has been slowly dying off according to some folks I know. I’ve seen some advertising for this year’s show and they are promising to “make it more exciting” - whatever that means.

MAGIC in Feb might be a better bet, but Ed Hardy/Christian Autiger (sp?) had a dust up with MAGIC/Porject and decided to do his own show elsewhere at the last show during the summer - not sure what will happen in Feb. When he left, some of the bigger names followed him to the new spot. MAGIC was still jumping - but it was the first one I went to with my co. so It’s hard for me to judge.

Good luck!

^ Dead Hardy is definitely planning their own show once again this week.

Rather genius considering how much Magic/Project/Pool can charge for a measly booth.