Working in the USA

I’ve been working all morning, I just happened to have that info bookmarked on my computer and thought I’d share. Copy and paste doesn’t take very long.

shame on you,i’m Chinese designer.I know you are scare of your job security,right?If a designer’s mind like you such bitchy,no wonder all jobs will moved to China or India.You sucks.

Edit

Are you sure you want to work in the US??? Last I heard the Euro went up more than the USA dollar.

Visa for sure you’ll need. Deciding which state you’d like to eventually reside and work in.

Designers here are open minded with talents from outside the US, so I don’t think you’d have to worry much about that, especially in most urban settings.

But definetly, the Visa is a priority which will make your job hunt a little easier.

Think about. If American citizen designers are having trouble finding a job, what makes you think you, a foreigner, can find one without a VISA?

Ahh there. So, it is prejudice.

yeah…well how about hot indian/chinese female designers…? lol …

racist MF’ers .

May I know why " no Indians"… it seemed pretty vociferous which means there must be some ground to the statement… is there?

Regards
Debashish

It’s just some punk trying to get a reaction from anyone. Ignore it and move on.

well if that is the case then so be it. here comes another reaction. do others agree with the anonymous “no Indian” post? and if yes any particular reason / previous experiences ?

i for one believe that one is more at home ( and better at his/ her work ) in one’s own country where he/ she understands the culture and needs much better than in any foreign land, be it America or India or China.

and yes i am a Indian.

back to the topic at hand:

I am currently a foreign worker under visa sponsorship (I got lucky) and yes, they are pretty hard to come by. There is a stigma in the hiring market because companies dont want to deal with the hassle/fees involved, or they are poorly informed and think it is more complicated than it really is. many companies will court you until they find out you need sponsorship.

someone mentioned its easier to get sponsorship in big companies, and i think they are right. they have the manpower and expertise (especially if they are a global company) to deal with the legalese.

if you want to work at a smaller company/consultancy, try to work the fees as part of your sign on bonus.

My question is…once you have a visa and ask your company to start processing a greencard, given it takes about 3 years, what happens if you leave the company within that timeframe? do you start from scratch? is the money invested lost? can the next company pick up where the last one left off?

My question is…once you have a visa and ask your company to start processing a greencard, given it takes about 3 years, what happens if you leave the company within that timeframe? do you start from scratch? is the money invested lost? can the next company pick up where the last one left off?

With another company you will have to start your green card application from scratch. However you can change employer once you file I-485 Adjustment of Status form, which is the final stage of the green card process. In some cases it may take more than 3 years to get to this point.