WINE RACK

I’ve been to Greenville, SC…nice little town. Had an interview with Ryobi in Pickens for a Designer, but I ended taking a better offer elsewhere.

It was a long time ago, 5 years ago + at the time they were going through a transition and were being sold to a private investor. I lived in Atlanta for a while, tons of jobs there if you can stand the traffic.

Okay, against my better judgement, I’m going to offer my advice if warranted.

Deez, I just moved from Greensboro a few weeks ago. If you want any info on the area, ask away.

Raleigh (RTP) has quite a few good companies, Raindrop Geomagic, Ericsson to mention a few.

Traffic was bad back then, last I heard it’s even worst. The population is growing in leaps & bounds much like where I live here in South Florida. Only difference is they are doing roadwork here as in Atlanta they really are behind the 8 Ball on new road construction.

I actually live just outside Pickens. Great place for cycling and kayaking.

I wasn’t aware Ryobi was there. What’s the design studio like, if they have one?

G’boro doesn’t really have much to offer in true ID, but as for engineering, doesn’t seem like there would be a lack of it. Heck, Volvo is there.

RTP (Raleigh) is full of stuff. Insight even has a satellite office there.

As for Greenville, the new ICAR center is just begging to have some new ID jobs coming up. BMW already has a building going up (and a nice one at that), Dailer is coming in, possibly Audi. Microsoft, Sun Microstations, etc. Bunch of the big guns are starting up shop here so they can work, gasp, together on advanced technology products. For instance, Daimler and BMW are hooking up to develop a new hybrid. It’s sick. It’s like seeing a guy from Clemson dating a girl from USC.

I could have used it for point cloud processing for one of my past employers, got a quote and they got sticker shock. So I never got a chance to.

They used to be in a old building in Pickens, their main offices and distribution was in Anderson. Was a vacuum cleaner plant from what someone told me a long time ago, the place was real old 1950’s looking wood grain paneling on the walls, not BMW Spartenburg level. Nothing fancy when I seen it. Just a room with some computers. This was 5+ years ago they might have moved since then? They had a ton of empty cubicles.

Automotive is booming in the Southeast, not here though. Wish it was, but that will never happen. Real Estate is way too high as is the cost of living.

I’ll give ya folks an update. Ryobi in Pickens will be history in a few months only thing that will be there is service.

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/state_news/regional/story/5113550p-4655499c.html

Techtronics is located in Hong Kong if you want a ID pos here ya go if you can speak mandarin chinese an wok with the best of them

http://dimension.jobsdb.com/career/Default.asp?PID=3&AC=tti&EC=ttihk&GC=&JobID=81&LID=&ALZA30833071470260

another outsourced production

Outsourced, thanks for the update. Wow, that hits pretty close to home.

Wouldn’t that fall over?

I think it attaches to the wall like other racks with this type of configuration?
Not sure
This is the only image I found…