Which school to go?

Hi, I’m currently studying Industrial Design 2nd year at RMIT, Australia. I’m considering of doing a semester or 2 in the US. I’ve read through the discussions and found names like Academy of Art, UC, CCS (dunno what this one is though), etc. And I saw Pratt is the featured school in Core77’s list. My friend told me about Arizona State.
Man, so confusing. Could anyone tell me which one should I choose? :smiley:
Btw, I also have Japan and Korea in my list. Does anyone have experience on those?

So far your on the right track…all of those schools have good programs. You probably already know this, but try IDSA (industrial design society of america) website… www.idsa.org …they have listed schools they recognize as reputable, its a safe bet.

go to pratt!!! I never thought I’d be doing the awesome stuff I’m doing now - the profs are AMAZING, the department is super supportive, and NY has a lot to offer - plus the campus rocks

Pratt certainly has a good reputation for ID,but also consider Carnegie Melon in Pittsburgh.

I just finished a grad program there for ID and I feel like it was not worth all the money I took out on loans. There are some great teachers there, but also a lot of them that have immense personality issues. Plus, NYC is not for everybody.The best thing about Pratt is the other people you’re going to school with. Don’t get me wrong, I did learn a lot there, but I would probably consider another school and/or more field experience if I had to go back and do it over again.

which school has a phd programme in industrial design except IIT?

I think you should look into the Art Center in Pasadena, CA.