Which Design firm or Designer is your FAVORITE!

Which Design firm or Designer is your favorite?! Why? Which work of their works do you prefer!? If you know web addresses please feel free to add them!

I am prospective ID student and I’m interested in finding out more about the field before I attend Uni. This is just so I can get a better idea of what I might be getting into. I’d like to know who the leading Designers of our time are!

Thanks a million! :stuck_out_tongue:

Try checking out this site:

[http://www.designaddict.com/[url](http://www.designaddict.com/[url)][/url]

…charles and ray eames for something upon which to sit.
…sid mead for something upon which to look.
…bucky fuller for something upon which to reflect.

Achille Castiglioni

Check out Leonardo Da Vincis work, Hes still one step ahead

karim rashid - he changed the world

haha dork.

one overplayed/rated dump lamp, eveyrthing else can be overlooked at a dollar store.

sorry dude.

Hate to dissapoint but Rashid hasnt changed anything. I consider that he`s full of Karim Rashid, Karim Rashid and nothing but Karim Rashid.
Go deeper.

Karim is a decorator not a designer.

ray and charles eames revolutionized the world. the borouellec brothers are doing a damn good job. i dont like phillipe starcks work, but what he has been able to accomplish is incredible. jean prouve is another favorite, excellent philosophy tied in with an amazing aesthetic. you could look at castiglioni, excellent italian design. others include jasper morrison, and konstantin grcic, as well as marcel wanders, although his early stuff was a million times better…hes going the way of karim im afraid. alfredo haberli is awesome.

and as firms go… ideo is considered the best by many, that is highly debated. others include smart design, fuse project, astro studios, lunar design, design continuum, ziba, eleven, ecco and many others that i am forgetting.

also look at current architects, i like to look at architecture more than products for reference and culture. check out archinect.com

ray and charles eames revolutionized the world. the borouellec brothers are doing a damn good job. i dont like phillipe starcks work, but what he has been able to accomplish is incredible. jean prouve is another favorite, excellent philosophy tied in with an amazing aesthetic. you could look at castiglioni, excellent italian design. others include jasper morrison, and konstantin grcic, as well as marcel wanders, although his early stuff was a million times better…hes going the way of karim im afraid. alfredo haberli is awesome. and you could really look into apple, their design story is simply amazing, jonathan ive played a huge role in turing them into what they are today.

and as firms go… ideo is considered the best by many, that is highly debated. others include smart design, fuse project, astro studios, lunar design, design continuum, ziba, eleven, ecco, one and co. and many others that i am forgetting.

also look at current architects, i like to look at architecture more than products for reference and culture. check out archinect.com

hope that helps, but it is just a very small portion of a very long list…should serve as a starting point…

best

i love danish design…joris laarman is amazing…so is marcel wanders. and in america, i’d go for yves behar

http://www.pininfarina.it/eng/e_index.html

http://www.marc-newson.com

Depends on what you are looking for. Conceptual designers or production designers? Do you want designers that actual produce products that drive business, solve problems and inspire the masses without sacrificing design integrity or are you looking for designers that design for the press, design crowd and themselves and rarely get things to market and when they do they flop? There is room out there for both of these types these days and everyone in between. What do you want? Substance or fluff? The key is to balance on that fine line between mass and the design crowd and that is where high level design success lies. Very few designers can do this whether it is their skill limitations, understanding and clarity or their client’s/company’s tendency to dilute the design vision…

Tell you what. Instead of starting with the designer, start with the products that you admire and have been market disruptive products and have been business and consumer successes and we will tell you who designed them.

thats something karim rashid would write

Built NY
Truck
frogdesign
Antenna
Smart Design
Fuse Project
ECCO
One & Co.

What did ECCO really do in last few years? The plastic stuffs are not really innovative and shapes are similar to those in .99 cents stores… So, why is this firm so famouse?? I heard few gossips about Eric Chan and his business connection with IDSA…
Truth?

studio red

philip starck

martha stewart

karim rashid

and the people who post on these boards.

including my awsome skills.

i am a design god.

I like my stuff personally. And I’m always impressed by what RKS puts out. AndNike (good going Yo!).

karmin rashid are you kidding??? hes destroying design!!!