where in china?

a few of you have said that you go to china for work etc…but where is china?? it would be cool to know that the guy sitting opposite me at breakfast is someone from this forum!!

so i usually go to shanghai, if not dongguan, guanzhu, shenzen…i hope i spelt these places right!

At the moment I travel to Zhu Hai and Shenzen. I’m flying back out there on the 20th.

i just returned from Zhuhai and shenzen on friday night (also HK and Macau)

I’m a chinese

you eat the chinese breakfest or the western one. i am in dongguan. if you want we can meet up for ktv or go dvd shoping.

Guangzhou
Hong kong
Taichung Taiwan

Taichung, Taiwan

Yo, you could help us represent at the indoor go-kart place, you know of it?? It’s near that sweet ass new building that looks like a giant wing with the green “tree” logo on the top. The track is on the 5th floor of a parking garage, it’s good fun, I’m currently second place at our office, but that’s gonna change this trip!!

I’ll be there mid-late september!! :wink:

we also go to Hangzhou, China

But I haven’t been yet :neutral_face:

I am moving to Hong Kong at the end of the month. My companies factory is in Dongguan.

I’ll also be moving there in September. Our offices are in the town of Chang’an in Dongguan. We have a number of different factories from a half hour outside of the city to a couple hours outside. Work should definitely be easy to come by in those areas, especially in the furniture industry. The Parkview Hotel is pretty westernized, which is in Dongguan, and there seems to be quite a bit to do around that specific area.

mostly Taichung.

just got back sunday, going back begining of sept.

we should have a core77board meet up sometime. all competing brands perhaps, but could be fun to go for a beer (or anything other than KTV).

R

rkuchinsky,

where do you stay in taichung? have you been to the indoor go-kart track I mentioned above?

we should have a core77board meet up sometime. all competing brands perhaps, but could be fun to go for a beer (or anything other than KTV).

that would be fun, I went a pretty cool bar/lounge called Liquid Lounge, it was dark and quiet, very interesting though.

i think ive been there (liquid lounge).

i always stay at the Splendor hotel (formerly called the Grand Formosa). across the street from SoGo.

i havent done the go karts, but have heard about it. maybe next time. i got to taichung almost every month and would be interested in doing something different…can only do golden jaguar so many times.

i see from your corefolio your not in footwear, but product design. what kind of stuff do you do in taichung?

“i see from your corefolio your not in footwear, but product design. what kind of stuff do you do in taichung?”

our main client is in taichung, they are a manufacturer of fitness equipment. it’s a lot of fun, and can be a good challenge at times.

I took a quick look at the link you gave, sweet cow print on the cleeted shoes!! everyone picks on me at the office because I’m always saying how hot cow print is :laughing:

what’s golden jaguar? sounds funny!

did you notice the puke-sink at liquid lounge?

I thought it was so wierd I was drinking, the disco lights in there were making me dizzy, and on a projector screen someone was cutting raw meet on a cooking show. I went to the bathroom and there was a separate huge sink in there, it must get buck-wild-asain-style up in there :laughing: :laughing: [/quote]

As Copyboy mentioned. Taiching is the place to be for us. Most of our Designers do about four trips a year there. I used to do 6-7 per year… :open_mouth:
Every once in a while, Hangzhou for the China factory.

Copyboy,
That logo on that building is like a bad band-aid…I am going to barf.
BTW, you will not beat my time until you start going with Dreamcrusher. If I am there, I will represent.

rkuchinsky,
The hotel you stay at is even closer than the Evergreen (where we stay). The go-kart track is a block or two behind Starbucks. Very nice to go there after a long day of work. On my trips, it is an every other day event! Good exercise also!

That logo on that building is like a bad band-aid…I am going to barf.
BTW, you will not beat my time until you start going with Dreamcrusher. If I am there, I will represent.

the logo is not that bad. A little ugliness is a good thing, something has to tone down the sweetness of that building.

Copyboy’s not gonna be at the track, just call me Schumacher, cause I’m gona fly around that shit. The lap guys are gonna say

“uh, white devil beat us badly, I must go to practice more the track”

I’m commin with concentrated thunder this time.

I should mention to anyone that wants to try this to bring gloves of some kind, the blisters have a negative impact on the lap times :wink:

hey if enough of us found the place we could start a post with scanned images of the time sheets, we could see who’s the fastest go-karter on core, that would be sweet!! :smiley:

I have heard of that track, but haven’t been.

We usually stay at the Evergreen or the Splener.

The track is about a 12-15 min walk. Not far from the Evergreen.

Copyboy, man, that was a long winded post. I hope you have the skills to back that up.

Yes, I am bringing gloves next time. BListers also make work harder the next day.

That track is so cheap and fun. Need to keep it open! Everyone go there when in Taiching!!

i am in taipei , been stuck here for 2 month at the corporate branch office here, yea i know where you guys are in taichung, my office is only a few blocks from evergreen.
as for fun i rather go for some airsoft war games. shoot the crap out of your office workers and take some shots at your boss.
any one want to take trips up to taipei we can meet up.

also anyone going to shanghi soon, i have to be there for development and if i am lucky i can catch the f1 race there…my office is only 2 miles away from the track.

I usually stay in the Landis when I’m in Taichung - I much prefer it to everywhere else - more like a European hotel, more stylish and really nice bathrooms. I recommend the Langham Place in Hong Kong too - the bathrooms have a glass wall so you can see your plasma screen tv from the bath. I stayed at the Evergreen years ago but I’ve heard it’s a bit shabby now.
One of my friends had to sleep in the parking lot there for two nights when there was the earthquake. They weren’t allowed back in the building.

I don’t get much time off when I travel - if you’re freelance and charging per day, they work you hard! I worked 14 days straight last time I travelled. No time for partying. :cry:

The evergreen gets nicer as you go up if I remember right. Don’t stay below the 19th floor.

In Guangzhou we stay at The Garden, its ok.