What's goin on...?

I responded to an advert for a design position last Thursday (12/8/05) and e-mailed my credentials as requesed in the ad. I then did some detective work and was able to find the name of an actual, living, breathing, HR person to contact to see if they had received my documents. Good thng I did … they had not.

I re-transmitted my documents to them with a request that they acknowledge receipt. The HR person, much to my surprise, did acknowledge receipt, included a brief message to the effect that my resume, et al., had been forwarded to “the appropriate person”.

I just finished an internet exploration of their company and can only determine names of sales people; a call to “sales” revealed that they will not disclose the names of other company employees … i.e. their design/engineering group manager.

Another called to the original HR person was met with, “We’re still receiving resumes and haven’t called anyone yet.”

Does anyone have any stategies that I might be able to use for increasing my profile, and gaining information about what’s going on?

If I were in charge there, I would have labeled you as desperate by now. It’s been 4 days man. Depending on the size of the company you might be in for another couple weeks of waiting.

My advice… move on to the next company and come back to this one in a week or so.

Also, your HR contact probably wasn’t lying.

I would have labeled you as desperate by now. It’s been 4 days man.

I’m generally the guy who sits back and waits for the call, which never (historically) comes.
So much for wanting to appear “interested.”

Depending on the size of the company you might be in for another couple weeks of waiting.

Not a large company at all, and I’m sure the HR person is absolutely honest in her statement.
But you’re right … I’ll give it a rest until Friday.

it is easy. they call you if they are interested . they dont call means they dont want you. most dont even reply back. some reply they have recived your info and will let you know later. i just sit back and wait. it is like fishing. send out so many and see who reply back with more interesting offer for interviews or need more information or a call back. i wont go bother the hr people…most likely they dont gave a $^@%#$ about you and the more you call the more they will be annoyed and you will never hear from them ever.

basically dont bother the people in the company and if they like what they see from your resume and work sample they will contact you. if not then move on.

Basically, if they want you, they will get a hold of you. I know the business world works on aggressive tactics but my experience so far is, if they want you, they will get a hold of you. Remember this is all a big fat game, and coming off desperate is an absolute no no.