What pen/ pencils

Hey everyone

What pen/ pencils do you use for making your line work in your sketches look dynamic and interesting?
I want my lines to flow from very thin to thick but dont know what to use?
Very thankful for any replies

I prefer prisma pencils cuz they are soft allowing you to go from very light to very thick, they are also very black which I like.

I use a mechanical pencil (regular 0.5mm HB) for most rough work, then a few black pens and markers over top.

For the dynamic-looking line work, I use Letraset TRIA markers. They’re expensive, but worth it if you ask me.

i i think the best fineliner around are the basic pilot 1.5mm, get some great variation in your linework…

as for tria markers i think they went out with the 90’s, copics are what markers are all about nowadays, great colour variations + bleed

how about using a calligraphic pen or pencil?

i know what you mean Deez calligraphic pens would just block the whole free-hand-sketching.

i personally like to use a good old 2B, because they are soft enough to sketch quickly and smoothly and also you can erase the lines you don’t like easily.

Copics? Never heard of em. I"ll have to look into that if they’re as good as you say…always nice to get new, better-performing drawing materials.

What pen/ pencils do you use for making your line work in your sketches look dynamic and interesting?
I want my lines to flow from very thin to thick but dont know what to use?
Very thankful for any replies

granted some pens/pencils are better than others, but you should be able to get a good amount of line variation from changing the pressure, angle, and speed of the pencil, and if you want to get really fancy you can roll the pencil between you index and thumb while drawing a line, impress your friends!

A 4h lead in a holder, kept very sharp. Forces us heavy handers to lighten up so we don’t break the fresh tip, but still keeps the paper from getting muddy when we do press on later. Also keeps the light ghost lines pretty invisible but the darks will still scan well. You can get real fine detail and still get bigger lines later, no need to scan and shrink. Warning though, it will punch through most papers and cause a lot of noise in the office if only drawing on one sheet scratching on the table. Same with the uniballl micro’s. Nice fine lines, very loud on tables though.

i use a 12 cent bic pen and sharpee.

any old bic pen & a pilot razor point for the darker lines. Once in a while I’ll go with an ultra-fine sharpie for even heavier lines.
For rendering??? Markers went out years ago, Wacom is the way to go with Photoshop as the software.

Prisma Verithin pencils are nice for thin and sharp lines.