What is this lamp?

Trying to find out who designed or manufactured this lamp.
Similar style to the Eclisse lamp by Artemide.
Lamp.JPG

First guess would be some lesser known Joe Columbo piece. But a Google search does not turn it up.

All I was able to find was “In the Manner of Verner Panton”:

What’s the deal with 1970’s table lamps, 90% of them are orange and round.

They are pretty awesome.

I thought that your question was a good test for the images recognition feature of google where you just drop an image into the browser and it finds similar ones.
It has been useful in the past for me to source the origin…

This time to my amusement, no dice but about 100 people with round-ish facial features and a bag. haha

I’m not getting it Bengt … do you simply paste an image URL into the Google search box? Tried “drag and drop” with no luck…

n-e-v-e-r m-i-n-d… . http://www.images.google.com

Still needs a bit of tweaking IMO.

Looks like a new profiling system for Homeland Security :slight_smile:

Looks like a new profiling system for Homeland Security > :slight_smile:

No worries Tim …

Me

Me incognito

Search Results

That’s funny, I tried to take a picture of it with my google goggles app and got pretty much the same thing. I’m assuming it’s the same technology. Actually, google goggles has only worked about 10% of the time for me.

Yea that is very similar, although the one I have is about half the size of that one. I was thinking it might be a Panton piece but couldn’t find any documentation about it.
It arrived in a container of furniture from Scandinavia…

The similarities between this and the orange guy in the bottom right photo is striking!! :slight_smile:

The similarities between this and the orange guy in the bottom right photo is striking!!

If the results from “my” search are any indication, color would seem to be the cue.