What are you listening to today?

It’s Monday morning. What are you listening to?

I’ve got Slowdive on in the studio this morning:

Jumping right in to a long to-do list, so caffeine and techno it is! Love Underworld.

1 Like

Nice! :mirror_ball:

My music is a very large playlist on random shuffle. But at the moment I opened this thread, The Beach by New Order. By the time I finished, music changed to Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun

1 Like

Summer is gone so it is now Jazz season on all of my devices… Canadian Sunset - Gene Ammons

As I type, an oldie but a goodie?

1 Like

"How do empires rise? Why do they fall? And how have they shaped the world around us today?

William Dalrymple and Anita Anand explore the stories, personalities and events of empire over the course of history.

The first series looks at the British in India, covering the East India Company, the Raj, Gandhi, Independence and Partition."

Empire podcast, it’s very good

just popped on the mix:

This is in a mix so I hear it every once in a while but this time of year I give it a repeat when I do:

1 Like

This song gets crazy stuck in my head. Cut From The Cloth, a two piece with Ian McKay on guitar (Fugazi, Minor Threat) and Amy Farina on drums.

Here is a live version. I really like the drumming on this song for some reason.

Digging the new Jack White album:

Friday vibe:

I recently came across Surprise Chef.
They describe themselves as “moody shades of instrumental jazz-funk”
Check them out if you’re looking for something to put on while you get in the zone.

1 Like

fun stuff @fraser_frase !

I’m reminded of just how long I’ve lived outside of the USA here in this podcast. So many problems with tech…

Listened to this interview with economic historian Brad DeLong about his new book Slouching Towards Utopia.

A good one about sustainable growth and electricity

This was a great listen. Thanks for the recommendation _yo.

Reminded me of Noah Yuval Harari’s books where he also likens economic systems to religions.

1 Like