What are you driving? Designer's cars.

I once heard a saying, “if you don’t look back at your car every time you parked it, you have the wrong car” which I always thought was a nice sentiment, if a little bragy.

so, since we complain about car design all the time here, post a pic of looking back at your actual car! :slight_smile:

I’ll kick it off with not my car, my wife’s VW Golf R looking Autumn AF this AM! (though we trade cars almost every other day so I’ll say it counts)

Is that your car?

I’ll bite.

Just put the summer ride away for the winter this weekend.

1971 Mercedes 220

Winter ride remains a 1998 BMW 740iL

New baby’s ride is a 2019 Volvo V90 T6 R-Design

R

all three are yum! I just figured since we are always hacking at design in general and car design in specific, it would be fun to talk about what we drive and why.

2017 Mini Clubman.

Coppi 50K 02 by iabisdb, on Flickr

The only other photo of a car I onced owned. 1965 Shelby GT-350.

GT350 by iabisdb, on Flickr

1998 Volvo V70R AWD. IMO a classic, understated design. Not much is really factory at this point.

Nice! Love the color as well!

Dig the wagon! Those aged so well.

R

The least flattering thing I’ve owned in the past 15 years, but it’s practical.

The entire Mazda lineup is pretty nice right now. Not a bad vehicle in the bunch.

Wait until you guys see pics of my clapped out '06 Sonata with rust and zip-ties holding the bumper together…

Current cars: 2002 Ford Focus and a 2009 VW Jetta Wagon (now rusting in the sills cries)

Previous cars:

Dearly missed 1974 Porsche 914.

1995 Honda del Sol, sadly stolen and never heard from again.
CRXside1.jpg
Probably the car I miss most…1990 Mazda Miata that I paid $2000 too much for. Worth every penny though.

I have a friend that used to work at BRP. He said the design parking lot was 1/2 Minis and 1/2 Jeep Wranglers. Surprised we only have one Mini so far! Where are the Wrangler designers?

2003 Subaru Forester Turbo. I sold it last week :frowning:

Those Forester Turbos are pretty coveted I’ve heard.

It sold in 6 hours with 180k miles on it, so you could say they are sought after :slight_smile:

It was it good condition as well. Normally they’ve been thrashed.

2016 Audi A3. Love this car.

I loved my A3. Great car!

Here is the old TT.

My 2002 996. Absolutely wonderful, beautiful car - let’s not talk about headlights - I love it for many other reasons. Sadly put away for the winter.