What and whys?

I just can’t understand how some people in certain parts of the world are constantly willing to kill and harm masses of innocent children, women and men in the name of their God. I understand and agree that our foreign policy is slightly skewed, to put it mildly, and has many alterior motives. But try to retaliate against innocent people is just weak and dirty. If it’s retailiation that they want… fight the troops on the ground and we’ll get a fair fight. What if our militant organizations started to plant nuclear bombs in their part of the world and blow people up…

… we would be done wiping the world of them a few minutes…

London Calling,

Do you really think that “westerners” are the only one’s being hurt by religious extremists. Consider the homegrown KKK - they are Christianity’s equivalent to AlQueda (sp?) -religious extremeists. Who even considers the KKK religous?

If you are concerened about the loss of civillian lives in recent attacks against western nations do some research. Perhaps start with the article below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7967-2004Oct28.html

"One of the first attempts to independently estimate the loss of civilian life from the Iraqi war has concluded that at least 100,000 Iraqi civilians may have died because of the U.S. invasion. "

“The analysis, an extrapolation based on a relatively small number of documented deaths, indicated that many of the excess deaths have occurred due to aerial attacks by coalition forces, with women and children being frequent victims, wrote the international team of public health researchers making the calculations.”

[quote=“guest”]London Calling,

Do you really think that “westerners” are the only one’s being hurt by religious extremists.

Absolutely not. As I pointed out, our foreign policies has been and still are very poor. But this is the topic I chose to elaborate on and not anything else. I have a lot of knowledge regarding current, recent and past conflicts dating all the way back to 1200s and before. One of the perks of growing up in Europe is the teachings of history I guess. On that note, I don’t value “westerners” life more than anyone elses and I’m very well aware about the loss of civilian lives in Iraq and even Afghanistan. That’s the nature of a battle field… just hard for me to realize and come to terms with the fact that there’s no escape from our current “global” battle field.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

• Albert Einstein

This is the beginning of the end…

You can’t fight a superior force on their terms. Just because someone is a superior force doesn’t make them right but people forget that sometimes.
If Mike Tyson wanted to fight you, you wouldn’t put on gloves and hop in a boxing ring with him. You’d kick him in groin, scratch his eyes out, grab a weapon, etc because the ring is his domain. Fighting an aggressor who is stronger than you on their terms and conditions is not a fair fight.
People react certain ways out of desperation. People should be asking what is happening that would make blowing themselves up seem like the only option left? These are not stupid people, and they’re no more brainwashed than westerners. Some people say they hate our freedom and way of life. That’s crap. They’re not doing stuff to big-money Japan, or Sweden or other places. Why? Those places aren’t in their land manipulating their people and resources for selfish personal gain at the expense of the locals.
Terrorism is IMPOSSIBLE to stop, it stems from the ability to think freely and the desire to stand up for what you believe in. The US has terrorists on it’s own soil that they can’t get rid of (KKK, Neo-Nazi’s, Urban Gangs, Crooked Cops, etc). Why they think they can get rid of all the bad people going door to door in another country is insane. It plays into peoples fears and stereotypes of anybody not like them being the bad guys. This path we’re on is endless.

Oh yeah… that’s great. Equate fighting Mike Tyson with blowing up innocent men, women and children on a bus while they go to work ans about their day. What an intelligent way to justify the terrorist’s bombings. Your comments remind me of a joke… What’s the differnece between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson? Neil Armstrong was a the 1st man to walked on the moon… Michael Jaskson just screws little boys. That joke is about as moronic of a comparison as yours.

Edit

Most of the Iraq’s citizens were also innocents…

I agree with Bryce and Huxley on that point, what other ways have the ones which are invaded in their own territory by our “justice” to react ?

Fight back tanks, planes and nukes with their hands ?

No, they just attack on our territory, like western governments have done in theirs.

Who attacked first ? Is it really so surprising that people fight back when they have been invaded ? What did you expect ?

Have a look…

By Robert Fisk

07/08/05 “The Independent” - - “If you bomb our cities,” Osama bin Laden said in one of his recent video tapes, “we will bomb yours.” There you go, as they say. It was crystal clear Britain would be a target ever since Tony Blair decided to join George Bush’s “war on terror” and his invasion of Iraq. We had, as they say, been warned. The G8 summit was obviously chosen, well in advance, as Attack Day.

And it’s no use Mr Blair telling us yesterday that “they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear”. “They” are not trying to destroy “what we hold dear”. They are trying to get public opinion to force Blair to withdraw from Iraq, from his alliance with the United States, and from his adherence to Bush’s policies in the Middle East. The Spanish paid the price for their support for Bush - and Spain’s subsequent retreat from Iraq proved that the Madrid bombings achieved their objectives - while the Australians were made to suffer in Bali.

It is easy for Tony Blair to call yesterdays bombings “barbaric” - of course they were - but what were the civilian deaths of the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq in 2003, the children torn apart by cluster bombs, the countless innocent Iraqis gunned down at American military checkpoints? When they die, it is “collateral damage”; when “we” die, it is “barbaric terrorism”.

If we are fighting insurgency in Iraq, what makes us believe insurgency won’t come to us? One thing is certain: if Tony Blair really believes that by “fighting terrorism” in Iraq we could more efficiently protect Britain - fight them there rather than let them come here, as Bush constantly says - this argument is no longer valid.

To time these bombs with the G8 summit, when the world was concentrating on Britain, was not a stroke of genius. You don’t need a PhD to choose another Bush-Blair handshake to close down a capital city with explosives and massacre more than 30 of its citizens. The G8 summit was announced so far in advance as to give the bombers all the time they needed to prepare.

A co-ordinated system of attacks of the kind we saw yesterday would have taken months to plan - to choose safe houses, prepare explosives, identify targets, ensure security, choose the bombers, the hour, the minute, to plan the communications (mobile phones are giveaways). Co-ordination and sophisticated planning - and the usual utter ruthlessness with regard to the lives of the innocent - are characteristic of al-Qa’ida. And let us not use - as our television colleagues did yesterday - “hallmarks”, a word identified with quality silver rather than base metal.

And now let us reflect on the fact that yesterday, the opening of the G8, so critical a day, so bloody a day, represented a total failure of our security services - the same intelligence “experts” who claim there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when there were none, but who utterly failed to uncover a months-long plot to kill Londoners.

Trains, planes, buses, cars, metros. Transportation appears to be the science of al-Qa’ida’s dark arts. No one can search three million London commuters every day. No one can stop every tourist. Some thought the Eurostar might have been an al-Qa’ida target - be sure they have studied it - but why go for prestige when your common or garden bus and Tube train are there for the taking.

And then come the Muslims of Britain, who have long been awaiting this nightmare. Now every one of our Muslims becomes the “usual suspect”, the man or woman with brown eyes, the man with the beard, the woman in the scarf, the boy with the worry beads, the girl who says she’s been racially abused.

I remember, crossing the Atlantic on 11 September 2001 - my plane turned round off Ireland when the US closed its airspace - how the aircraft purser and I toured the cabins to see if we could identify any suspicious passengers. I found about a dozen, of course, totally innocent men who had brown eyes or long beards or who looked at me with “hostility”. And sure enough, in just a few seconds, Osama bin Laden turned nice, liberal, friendly Robert into an anti-Arab racist.

And this is part of the point of yesterday’s bombings: to divide British Muslims from British non-Muslims (let us not mention the name Christians), to encourage the very kind of racism that Tony Blair claims to resent.

But here’s the problem. To go on pretending that Britain’s enemies want to destroy “what we hold dear” encourages racism; what we are confronting here is a specific, direct, centralised attack on London as a result of a “war on terror” which Lord Blair of Kut al-Amara has locked us into. Just before the US presidential elections, Bin Laden asked: “Why do we not attack Sweden?”

wat do they mean by fighting terrorism? don’t they realise that while they bomb iraq there are terrorist camps all over the world stepping up their activities and preparing for revenge?! they blame terrorists for killing innocents… well wat are we doin in the so called anti terrorism wars? SPREADING PEACE?? for god’s sake, who are we trying to fool?

in the end its jus the whole world fighting each other in the name of world peace…

does human life have more significance in UK than it does in asia?
waging wars, convincing ppl bout the need of it and winning another presidential election… how narrow and selfish can ppl be… and unfortunately for us, these are the prime movers of the world.

Lets not forget the countless number of times American settlers, stole land from the indians, raped their women and took their trust and loyalty for stupidity. They make up 1% of the U.S. population. How is this possible when they used to make up 100%. Really disheartening.

We won’t even touch on the subject of the slaves, as they had it the hardest and are still suffering from institutionalized racism. Affirmative action is no real pay back, it is a crippling attempt to say, I’m sorry for all the wrong doings of the past". Land of the free.

I think not.