Website/Portfolio - Product Design MDes

I’ve recently finished my Product Design MDes at Sheffield Hallam University, I’m happy to say i’ve got 85% on my final project meaning I will be graduating with a First! During my time as a student I also worked as a design intern at Morphy Richards D&I department for 7 months.

That aside, I was wondering if I could get some feedback from people with regards to my website/webfolio. I’ve tried to display a broad range of products, ranging from a toothbrush to a toaster & kettle. I hope you can take a look and give me some feedback on some of the projects, or on the general layout/information of the website.

www.samuelcarrpd.com

It would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

Samuel,

Nice site. I like how you are starting each project with a brand mark. It makes each thing feel more polished. Bellow are a few points, they are pretty small and only worth pointing out because your work is so strong overall.

Under experience, I would show dates and make it more of an official CV, either that or link to a linkedIn page or something.

I think the Life collection is a really nice start. You mention that the cosmetic portions of the products can be changed, but you don’t show that. It would be more impactful to show something like that visually.

The Keep project is nicely executed.

The L3 luggage is a bit less convincing. It doesn’t seem like a soft good. Do I really want three separate compartments? As someone who travels a lot, I’m a bit dubious this is solving a problem.

Does Fresh have to be a device or could this be a smartphone app?

Energia Push is a pretty clever mechanical user interface. As a consumer, I would be concerned about cleaning it, but I think that could be addressed. Aesthetically I wish there was a bit more integration between the tap and the stem. They don’t seem to talk to each other right now.

Overall I think it is a strong portfolio. The points above are pretty small in relation to how good it is overall.

Thankyou very much for the feedback :slight_smile:

I will take on board the points you’ve mentioned! Much appreciated.