Want to see Yves Behar and Bill Moggridge tonight?

I have an extra ticket to the Yves Behar and Bill Moggridge discussion at the San Jose Museum of Art tonight.

Here is a link to the event description.

Let me know if you want it. It’s a non-member ticket - $25. I’ll be there around 6:30 for the handoff.

Last call. I’m leavin’ the office soon. I’ll check this thread before I head down there, so post if you’re interested.

What did you think of it ?

Personally, Yves was the cool peacock Vs. Bill the old experienced bull. I though Yves was sensibly evasive to some questions, while Bill was the charming English designer/commedian. I liked Yves points on things like the Ipod (designing a simple product by throwing out 75% of its overcomplicated functions). As for the commentators, the dude with the hat raised some interesting questions (except for the ‘childhood lasserations’ story WTF ?). Sometimes they talked a little too much about themselves, but hey.

I thought the presentation was great. Your summary of the personalities is pretty good too. Yves: peacock, sensibly evasive of some of the questions. Bill: charming English designer/comedian.

The only buzzkill was the long-winded moderators. I thought maybe my perspective was different because I don’t work directly in the ID/Product Dev. world. Apparently I wasn’t the only one thinking “WTF? Let the dudes talk.”

I tried to record the show, but the combination of the quiet PA and my crappy microphone made for a pretty poor recording. If enough people are interested, I’ll see if I can increase the volume and normalize the levels.