Walmart's new logo?

hmmmm

I think they should go back to the Frontier font version:

Because nothing says “classy with a capital k” like the old west.

oh nice, godzilla wears a flower-dress to work now…

this is a quote from that article:

Artist rendering of the new signage. All I can say, though, is “Really? This is the best Walmart can do when it comes to renderings?” Oy.

it looks like the 99, sorry, 97 cent version of a rendering. I think the logo works with what they are trying to do. Pushing some sort of cheap psuedo-designed product aimed at conservatives who actually believe that there was some point in the past where times were simpler and safer. These people, seem to forget that time passing helps you only remember the good aspects.

Hmm,

the bottom of the “W” is all I can look at it, and it makes me dizzy.

i personally like the fact it instantly reminds people of an asshole. apt.

It’s the burst in the last few frames of Pac Man’s death animation (arcade version?)

The irony is their mascot is a yellow smiley…

Their logo and branding has never been stellar, it’s a good step away from the militaristic feel of the previous one, but I agree, bring back the Western style.

Looks very euro.

so close Walmart… yet so far. Do you think they stared at the Target logo till their eyes bled?

“Pushing some sort of cheap psuedo-designed product aimed at conservatives who actually believe that there was some point in the past where times were simpler and safer. These people, seem to forget that time passing helps you only remember the good aspects.”

I’m a conservative and I don’t really like Wal-mart, but I don’t think your demographic analysis is accurate. I think people of all backgrounds go there because they want to pay as little as possible for everything, and don’t care too much about design.

Also, in many ways times were simpler and safer than they are now, although in many ways things are better today.

Thhhhhhhhppppppppptttttt!

Not only that!

I thought the logo looks like a cel phone company. Contemporary…I guess.

shshshshs did you hear that? i think i just heard walmart pop!

ewwww what is that little psuedoserif on the r?! disgusting, i cant believe ive never noticed that.

I totally knew you would say something like that and be offended, so conservative…

funny thing is how it resembles the CI of german pharmacy-supermarket chain
“Ihr Platz” = “YourPlace”

(which sound even more ridiculous in english)

they have had the marguerite flower for ages and just recently had an update to their CI:

(the font is more of a green in reality)

There is also a spanish chain, which uses the sun in a similar way.
Looks as if they all used “design generator 2.0” and came up with a little bit of the same.

But knowing Wal Mart, they won’t have paid too much for that new look, have they?

All the best

mo-i

Hmm- I like it. It is lighter and friendlier in feel (similar in feel to Publix maybe). Seems like a lot of cheap shots critiquing the design. Seems to me like Walmart is trying to do the right thing for the most amount of people.

Walmart is the largest buyer of local produce: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/07/walmart-largest-buyer-locally-grown-produce.php Walmart is the largest buyer of organic products. In 2007, 2 percent of the retail giant’s net profits went to charitable giving (thats twice the percentage that Lenovo boasts about in its ads).

There are people inside the company working to make more ethical decisions. So if you have a logo that talks about these aspirations, you start to think differently about your expectations as an employee of Walmart.

Studies have show that simply showing the Apple logo to test subjects increases their creative output. You tell people that you expect them to be creative and they will rise to the challenge.

You tell people that you are all about cost cutting and thats what you get. You give the explicit and implicit message that you need to have higher aspirations than a race to the bottom, and your employees will respond. So good riddance to the previous imposing Brunhilda logo.

just a quick re mix

[/img]