Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus (Review)

Christmas came early this year.
969649_606138369438027_541378874_n.jpg
Bought it this morning at my local best buy. In case you were wanted to go buy one yourself the SKU# 1884014.
Ill post up a more in-depth review later this week.

First Impressions/First 15 minutes
I went from sheer excitement to :confused: within the first 15 minutes of playing with this stylus. I tried the stylus with procreate, bamboo paper, art studio, and adobe ideas. Procreate works best with the pressure sensitive stylus. Although you do get a good range of pressure from procreate, you get zero palm rejection. Bamboo paper claims to have palm rejection but wasn’t 100% reliable. Sometimes it rejected my palm and sometimes it didn’t. Also the pressure isn’t as good as procreate. It seemed to only recognize 3 visible levels of pressure. With Art Studio, I got it to find the wacom stylus and pair it but could not figure out how to get the pressure sensitivity to work. Lastly with Adobe Ideas, I got it paired but did not work with pressure.

Best app with Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus: Procreate
Palm rejection: Only in select apps, supported but not 100% reliable.

If you have any questions or want me to try a specific app, let me know.
I have 15 days to try out this stylus before returning it to Best Buy! :wink:

Pressure Sensitivity Samples

Sketchbook Pro
Pressure: Yes
Oddity: Pressure seemed to only work with the default pencil brush.
20130926_195123.jpg
Sketchbook Express
Pressure: No

Any support for Sketchbook Mobile?

Just curious, does it work with Paper by FiftyThree? One of my favorite apps.

@cyberdemon.
Pressure in Sketchbook Pro only. Express version does not have pressure sensitivity.

@awjj.
No pressure sensitivity in Paper by FiftyThree.

The stylus performed much better after tweaking the brush settings in each drawing app. By setting the minimum and maximum to its most, I was able to get a better range of pressure sensitivity. Also by tweaking the setting, I was able to get pressure in other tools like eraser, airbrush, etc. that I completely missed in my first 15 minutes.

Here is a quick sketch of a car in sketchbook pro after tweaking the brush settings.
Only one brush was used at one brush size with one color.
image.jpg
Sketchbook Pro - Pressure sensitivity samples
image.jpg

That’s pretty nice, it looks like the tip is the same material as the regular bamboo stylus too which I still think is the best cap-touch stylus on the market.

Now the only part that stinks is I have an Ipad2 and it looks like it’ll only work with the 3.

Did adjusting the brush settings in the various apps affect the palm rejection at all?

@awjj
Brush settings made no difference on palm rejection. Palm rejection is not supported in sketchbook pro. However I did notice that sometimes if the stylus is on screen first, I can rest my palm. But this is unreliable at best.

I’ll be returning the stylus tonight. After playing with it over the weekend. I realized it was something I did not need at this moment. If you have any last minute requests or questions let me know.