Wacom Intuos 3 + Photoshop = Angular Lines

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get my Wacom Intuos 3 set up with Photoshop but for some reason it seems that the refresh rate of the pen is too slow and when drawing a smooth curve I end up with something that looks more like a hexagon (slight exaggeration)

Has anyone had this problem before or can anyone suggest a fix? I’ve looked to up the refresh rate in the Wacom settings to no avail.

Cheers

• Roo

What version of photoshop are you using?

I think this is more an issue of brush settings. I know older versions of Photoshop used to do this bad, or if your machine wasn’t fast enough it wouldn’t capture all of the inputs.

If you are on a recent version of PS see if you can increase the stamp spacing in your brush properties, that might help.

Thanks for the reply Cyberdemon. My computer’s definitely fast enough and I’m using Photoshop CS2. Tried adjusting the brush space and still no joy :frowning:

try different wacom drivers. I have to use a 3 releases old version, cus i had som other problems in SBP.

Try sketchbook pro and see if you have the same issues. I agree that it may be brush settings. I tried using psd with a tablet and didn’t like the lines I was getting so I just use psd for the rendering aspect and sbp for the actual lines.