vitamin package

For my packaging design class a came up with a design for a vitamin jar. This is a dual chamber jar to hold two different flavors of a vitamin. The bottle portion has a cylindrical top so the cap can swiwel. It is in the closed position now.

This will hold Vitamin C in maybe Orange and Lemon flavors. Or maybe vitamin gummies for adults. Or possibly a multi-vitamin in one compartment and fish oil in the other.

I would appreciate Feedback appreciated.

Thats so “Memphis” very 80’s chic.

Personally if I see a packaging solution I want to see what’s going inside of it. So without seeing what the vitamin shape is I can’t really give you any feedback. If it’s a gummy pill, this solution would be a no-go with all the friction of gummy on plastic.

Aesthetically I like the form. I’d like to see who you would addressing text and logo on such a minimally designed package. Sticker, direct print, etching?

Nice start, post up your initial sketches and process work. Need more for a full crit

I would probably go with spherical lemon drop/pastilles candies. Or a fairly small pill.

maybe im missing something from the single pic posted, but how do you know it has two things in it? how do the two things dispense? … how do you open it? the form doesn’t really convey anything about being dual chambered. without seeing more all i can comment on is seeing a triangle shaped extrusion with a colored top.

The shape is interesting, but to me, doesn’t really convey vitamins. Looks sharp and dangerous, not friendly and helpful. This could be addressed however in the branding, so difficult to make a call either way without know what’s inside or what the label looks like…

something else to consider with a package this shape is how it would go onto store shelves. the triangle shape doesn’t really lend itself to being neatly stacked in an efficient use of space. Or, would this go into a rectangular box, as pretty common with other such products?

for packaging like this I typically would consider several factors-

1. does it convey the message of what’s inside
  2. does it compliment the brand
  3. is it ease to use or clearly indicate how it works
  4. have considerations been taken for the logistics of the product (ie. shipping, placement in a retail environment, during use, etc.)

R

um, OK. does even less for me now. Maybe if it was a 3 chambered thing, i could see the form relating.

Also, not sure if it’s just not done yet, but you have no threads on the top/bottle, and looks like you sections inside the lid might be too thick in areas for proper moldflow, something to consider to avoid sink.

But, ya, its a triangle bottle with a split inside.

R

um, OK. does even less for me now. Maybe if it was a 3 chambered thing, i could see the form relating.

I appreciate the feedback, I’m learning :slight_smile: I should have made sketches first but, this is for a night class and I didn’t have a lot of time to evaluate options. When designing this package, I wanted to get away with the typical boston round shape. I initially wanted it to be 3 chambers but, how would you close the package? The cap is in the closed position.

Also, not sure if it’s just not done yet, but you have no threads on the top/bottle, and looks like you sections inside the lid might be too thick in areas for proper moldflow, something to consider to avoid sink.

This is a concept and not ready for production. It would be a snap-on cap with no threads. I am making a Rapid Prototype so I couldn’t make the walls too thin.

Newjak:I have suggestion with regards to form language used for this product.

present design has a strong form states sharp, crisp & piercieing solution
may be carrying some medicine which like antoinbiotic,solution aganist virual…fever…etc (defensive)

while vitamin…is like a supplementary…mild…addition to to your daily dose…
I see them as soft, gentle nature. (Prevention)

Just put a strong fillet on triangular object…may suit to product objective.

I agree with RKuchinsky, I would suggest working on your initial sketch ideation on bottle form first! Second when you have a general direction you would like to go then, tighten up a few concepts with Illustrator/Photoshop. Next, make sure you spend time investigating the label design. Most label designs are what initially attract a potential buyer. Spend time in a GNC or drug section of a supermarket, see what package designs customers approach first… It appears you are aiming for the innocent/simplistic approach popular with current package designs. Do not waste all your time doing 3D modeling first, get in the habit of design process.
479_popcoprn_04.jpg