UK job sites without the agencies?

Coroflot seems like such a valuable tool for job hunting in the US. But there are rarely ever any UK jobs on there. And the Product Design Forums’ job section is heavily Chinese.

Where’s the best place to find job vacancies in the UK? I don’t want an agency-based site - it makes it difficult when I can’t tell who the employer is.

Dezeen and MocoLoco usually have a good selection.

Design Week is another resource: Designer Jobs | Design Week | Job Search

They’re the ones I use. Except MocoLoco, I hadn’t heard of that.

On Coroflot there are so many US Product Design vacancies, whereas a lot of the jobs advertised in the UK are for Design Engineers. I thought maybe (hopefully) I was missing a main advertising source.

I find indeed.co.uk the best site, while this is just a collection of jobs advertised elsewhere, and sometimes through agencies, I have never seen a job advertised that hasn’t popped up on the site.

Most agencies should tell you the employer, or just ask about location and markets/territories the company in question serves, which should help you identify the employer.

Great to know this kind of stuff, I would have only thought of DesignWeek

BTW, “moco loco” means “crazy booger” in Mexican Spanish :laughing:

Hilarious, I always wondered where that came from. Of course core77 came from a joke that the only things you needed to be an industrial designer was some foam core and a can of spray 77… it was the early 90’s, before CAD really.

Of course core77 came from a joke that the only things you needed to be an industrial designer was some foam core and a can of spray 77…

Ya see! Yalearn somethin’ new everyday!

Which reminds me, I need to pick up a couple of cans in the morning… . . :wink: