Time, cost and project tracking software for designers

Do you find the JS Portal a valuable tool for design studios?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Hi,

I would like to know how valuable designers find our software.

A couple of years back we ourselves where still working as industrial designers and found that all project tracking software out there didn’t do what we wanted it to do; Track time quick and provide insight in project progress.

Now we would like to know if what we have developed is interesting to the design market. At our website you can browse a demo application to see how it works.

We also provide trial licenses if you wish to test toughly and a completely free license for companies up to three users, no hidden costs or end date.

Thank you for your help and comments,

A web based program? I don’t think so.

If you provided something I download and install on my OWN computer I would consider it.

What happens when your server goes down? Are you going to refund me for downtime?

Yes, downtime will be refunded, if of course you are on a paid license and not our free one. Downtime however does not mean loss of data. All data is backed regularly. And in our four year of existence never has data been lost :wink:

Do you wish to install locally because you feel insecure about data on the internet? All data transfer is encrypted and so cannot be viewed by wrong willing hackers. You are also be able to download backups as often as you like.

Thank you for your comments, criticism from the field is the best we can get.

Regards,
Joost

Do you wish to install locally because you feel insecure about data on the internet? All data transfer is encrypted and so cannot be viewed by wrong willing hackers. You are also be able to download backups as often as you like.

Hacking, policy changes…

I personally don’t like where the software industry is going with licensing and in your case, I would be left out to dry if you changed your pricing, terms of use, etc and I didn’t want to pay anymore.

Who is to say you won’t decide to charge more money again down the road because you “updated” the service and added more features?

A backup of my data is useless if I don’t have the app to read it when I don’t use your site anymore.

Once again, I’ll pass.

In response to this forum thread we are now beta testing our new import export feature. This will allow our users to export all data in any custom format. Meaning you can export everything to csv and/or xml files. This will allow you to access all information with programs like MS Excel or just your browser.

Popular in and exports to programs like MS Outlook, MS project, QuickBooks and MYOB will also be possible right away. For other programs our interface makes it possible to define an export map, which can be read in by the other program.

I am convinced this addition will give our users more control of their data. I hope this added control will satisfy the needs of the more hosting-hesitant users :wink:

Please do post your thoughts and comments if such an addition would still not satisfy your needs.

Best regards,

I haven’t looked at your product yet, but good time-tracking and efficient use of the data is essential in product development.

My #1 request for such a system would be that it assumes I’m working on a project unless I tell it otherwise. Ie. it fills out my timecard for the day automatically. In every other time-tracking software I’ve been forced to use, I have to log in every couple of weeks and spend way too much time filling out the same form again and again.

I’d also love to see pie-charts that show how I’m spending my time by meeting (connected from Outlook) and project (by open document.)

Time tracking software should be based on it’s usefulness on the back end, meaning continuous improvement!