Haha. Very common that some posters will ask for the sky and label the post as entry level.
T-Shirt Graphic Designer
XXXXXXX’s is the premier promotional middle-market department store, headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with more than 260 locations in 14 states. We’re a friendly neighborhood store and a major retail force in every community we serve. We are currently looking for an outstanding candidate for this position in the Product Design and Development area of our Corporate Headquarters in Hayward, California.
Partner with Design Team to develop Screen Graphics and Prints for owned brand apparel products. Utilize existing design systems to produce production ready artwork that is original and technically correct.
- Manage Design projects and provide technical expertise.
- Develop strong working relationships with Design teams providing groups with Concepts, Design Ideas and Time & Action strategies.
Use Design Software packages to, create original graphics and illustrated prints, scan and manipulate purchased art and create original textile prints, plaids and stripes.
- Ensure all project deadlines are met and followed through with design needs within the defined levels of service.
- Support entire Textile Design Team in managing seasonal workflow by finding opportunities to work across all divisions
Research graphic trends using available resources including shopping, travel and Internet.
- Responsible for testing of new design technology –(software and hardware ) to support equipment upgrades and implementation of new products to aid the design process.
- Contribute and implement ideas for special projects to increase use of technology in the Design area and support “speed is life” mentality.
- Track development data to measure productivity and document origins of artwork.
- Develop team member skills by mentoring, team assistant and interns.
- Train team members on various design software programs.
- Assume “point person” responsibility for guiding users in use of design tools.
- Execute technical reports/line art when needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field. MBA or candidate preferred or commensurate level of corporate experience.
* 2 years retail experience preferred Supervisory and/or project lead experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver effective financial presentations to non-financial team members and management.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Solid skills in a combination of tools such as Excel, Access, Essbase, and Visio
- Familiarity with Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven client service and customer service commitment
* Computer experience in financial modeling.
- Knowledge of retail accounting highly desirable
This post starts with reasonable description of a shirt designer. “Use design software, etc.”
“…Develop ideas… research trends,…” starting to get a little big for t-shrt desiger, but OK.
“…testing of new design technology…Develop team member skills by mentoring, team assistant and interns.” Wait a minuite, I’m a graphic designer, If you want a MENTOR, hire a senior designer. How am I supposed to design t-shirs when I’m mentoring other designers? O-K maybe this job is really not hands on. Maybe its really a senior position and I’m overseeing and approving designs. Whatever!
“Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field. MBA or candidate preferred or commensurate level of corporate experience.” WHAT? This isnt a design position anymore! What is happening here? Are design software apps so damn easy to use that any-body can become a graphic t-shirt designer-- even a Masters of Business Administration??? What is going on here? Is this design by formula? Design from Oijua Board?
“Knowledge of retail accounting highly desirable.” Some-body at this company has to get their head put back on their shoulders. What does this have to do with T-Shirt Graphic Design?
I was laughing
almost all day
after this post.
sense of humor.