Syracuse vs. Carnegie Mellon for undergrad ID

i am a senior from long island and ive applied to only universitites on the east coast for ID, and ive narrowed my decision to Syracuse or Carnegie Mellon (i got into both.)

I visited Syracuse and got a really indepth look into the program by one of the professors and really liked the whole atmosphere of the ID building, program, kids and faculty, but its a 5 year program (B.I.D) and i havent heard much about the program in the forums. My issue with Carnegie Mellon (B.F.A) is that although it is doable, it is so expensive while i have an $80,000 scholarship to Syracuse, and anything ive read in forums about Carnegie Mellon has been pretty negative, but it is ranked higher than Syracuse.

I would greatly appreciate anyone’s input about what they know about both programs.

Also, is there any significance between graduating with a BID or a BFA?

thanks to all who reply :smiley:

I don’t have a good impression of CMU either from my own encounters with their students. I’ve not read the other threads yet but that school is really a geeky school with some very arrogant students.
But the program I heard is solid and the university is itself internationally reputed. Your grades must be very good to get in there.

Syracuse has a sound program. If these are the only 2 programs, I’d pick the latter.

I don’t have a good impression of CMU either from my own encounters with their students. I’ve not read the other threads yet but that school is really a geeky school with some very arrogant students.
But the program I heard is solid and the university is itself internationally reputed. Your grades must be very good to get in there.

Syracuse has a sound program. If these are the only 2 programs, I’d pick the latter.

is there anybody that goes to/went to these two schools that could give some input?