Subaru

Going to be lots of new stuff for the Tokyo show.

http://carbodydesign.com/gallery/2009/10/subaru-hybrid-tourer-concept-design/3/

I like this concept. Really strong belt line that wraps around the rear lights. No B pillar is cool too. Interior is very light and airy, but maybe a little unfinished, a few too many blank spots.

It doesn’t really say Subaru to me though. Maybe Opel or some other European marque.

That is a MASSIVE door. At a glance, it looks almost like a stretched 2 door A3 to me. I’d be interested in seeing how the headlights play out. Subuaru seems to change that detail annually.

Now that I’ve looked at the link you provided (sorry) I see the front end. Definitely odd, but clean I think. The logo looks a little out of place on the grill, and the front end looks a little like a Mazda 6 with huge brake intakes. I will say that it’s about time we see some truly futuristic doors. You know how back in the 80’s/early 90’s when ever you saw a “future concept” of a car from 2010 it always had huge gullwing doors? It’s nice to see one again. Not saying it works well, just nice to see one.

I like it, though it’s maybe not the car for me… I had a Subaru forever and loved it, so I’m a little partial to the brand

To me, the large gull wing doors make a car that seemed a little plain from that first picture look very unique. The intakes and exhaust were interesting too… they look like a jet fighter intakes, maybe like a F22 raptor

You know how back in the 80’s/early 90’s when ever you saw a “future concept” of a car from 2010 it always had huge gullwing doors?

Can’t forget that delorian too… 88 miles per hour!