Study Design in Berlin, Germany

I notice that some people would actually like to study in Berlin. Let me give you a few details here.

This is for students who are currently enrolled in an ID program and who want to come to Berlin for one or two exchange semesters and who don’t speak German (but excellent English):

1. You are currently studying Industrial design at a European design school belonging to the “Erasmus/Sokrates” network. Your school has a special exchange agreement with our school (KHB Berlin): Just apply sending a note to <studentenamt@kh-berlin.de>. You will be informed about the details via e-mail.

2. You are currently studying Industrial design at a European design school belonging to the “Erasmus/Sokrates” network. Your school does not have an agreement with our school (KHB Berlin): Apply sending a note to <studentenamt@kh-berlin.de>. You will be informed about the details via e-mail. It will be quite a bit harder to get in. But excellent students always have a good chance.

3. You are currently studying Industrial design at any design school in the world. Your school has a reciprocal exchange agreement with our school (KHB Berlin): Apply sending a note to <studentenamt@kh-berlin.de> and/or send me an e-mail <hginnow@kh-berlin.de>. I’ll give you the details.

4. You are currently studying Industrial design at any design school in the world. Your school does not have an agreement with our school (KHB Berlin): Send me an e-mail <hginnow@kh-berlin.de>. I’ll let you know what your chances are.

This is for students who want to come to Berlin for a postgraduate degree and who speak fluent German (sorry, this is a legal requirement - proof required).

You are invited to apply for our two-year postgraduate degree program (“Ergaenzungsstudium”) currently leading to the German University Diploma but soon to be modified into a Master’s degree (please read the Kiel student’s notes somewhere in this forum). I’ll give you the details if you send me a note: <hginnow@kh-berlin.de>.

Essentially, you have to submit a portfolio and application forms to <studentenamt@kh-berlin.de>. We (the profs.) review your application, and if you are accepted you begin to study either in the Summer (1 April) or Winter (1 October) semester. Our standards are very high, but education is free in Germany (as long as it lasts).

Feel free to ask questions, I’ll try my best to answer them a.s.a.p.

Hartmut Ginnow-Merkert <hginnow@kh-berlin.de> <hginnow.de>[/b]