Student Wondering Where to Go...

Hi!
I’m currently a student at a junior college and I’m really interested in going to either Pratt or Parsons, but know nothing of how to get into the college! I’m wondering if anyone can give me advice, like how they got accepted, what the teachers are looking for, if these are good schools, etc. I feel like I’m not keeping up with the design world, and I’m worried that if I’m not on it I’ll lose out on great opportunities. Basically, my head is about to explode. So if anyone had any advise for a lost college student, please send it my way. THANKS!!!

you need to tell us more. No point in giving you advice if it does not relate to what you want to do. Ideally, you want good advice from people in your area of interest. What are you interested in studying?

What do you want to major?
Why do you want Parsons or Pratt?
How much can you afford( living in NYC?)
What kind of learning environment you are hoping for?

Sometimes, you won’t even know until you start in one, but after that, you will have a very good idea about where you want to go from there.

Oh yeah, duh. I want to study industrial design, particularly product design, and I would like to (if possible) focus on sustainable design. I want to go to Parsons or Pratt because I’m currently in California and I’d like to move far away but stay in a big city setting. And they’re good schools. So any info would be very helpful. Thanks!