Stone & Co Recruiter

I think I remember a post way back in the early days of Core that mentioned a recruiting firm named Stone & Co. I got an email today from one of their recruiters about an opportunity and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I plan to contact them I just wanted to see if I could get some feedback on them. I think we all have had interesting experiences working with recruiters and them not knowing what ID is and wanted to make sure this wasn’t one of them. I have tried to look them up online and have cam up with nothing. Anything you all can give me would be great.

I’ve spoken with them in the past but haven’t really worked with them on anything.

Stone & Co. ran with Rita Sue Siegel for many years as “industrial design recruiters”; as far back as the early 70’s Siegel advertised prominently in ID magazine (when it was still named Industrial Design), while Stone ran a simple line ad.

Siegel, being an IDSA Member, pretty much has the lock on the “knowledgeable industrial design recruiter” title (for whatever that is worth). I haven’t heard about Stone is a long time, but obviously “they” are still in the running.

When “Don’t call us, we’ll call you.” actually happens it can’t be a bad thing for the callee, right?

I have known of stone and Co since the late 80’s/ early 90’s and always found them to be very professional and knowledgeable. They are not as embedded in the industry events as other recruiters nor as aggressive but they give excellent advice and offer a wide range of positions.

Thanks guys for all of the replies. I talked to them today and they seemed to be very nice and like aaron mentioned very professional. We will have to see where it leads me. Thanks again.

Does anyone have any contact information for Stone & Company?