Some of My Sketches

I’ll go through that today, thanks!

Wow, this is an awesome ppt. It really explains a lot of the basics I’ve been trying to learn.

I think this PPT is even good for even us experienced designers to go through and check back on what we do. I think we all can learn fron things like this.

New stuff…
Headphones4_edited-1_resized.jpg
Headphones3_resized.jpg
Headphones2_resized.jpg

More new stuff
Photoshoped Marker Practice_resized.jpg

maybe this can help you to improve your skills…

best regards.

Anuruddha23

We are all mentioning the same things. You might want to start with our feedback and post that before moving on to other stuff.

I’ve seen that book before, but I was about to get this one Product Design Books, Hardware and Software. Which one has more on perspective, and is better for me?

I thought I was doing what you guys said, I did a bunch of cubes, and the headphones were assigned to me. and I do lines, I just don’t post them up. What am I missing? :neutral_face:

My bad. Sorry keep posting. It would be great to see you practice cubes and stuff as well.

New sketches, been busy last few weeks…

Marker Practice13_resized.jpg

a few things that i think would really help you.

1. use templates (ellipse templates and circle templates) and guides (rulers) as you get started. these will make your designs much more believable and controlled.

2. understand proportions. I think the phones are about the right size, but your desk looked just a bit too static. this will come with looking at things all the time. start at dwr.com and look at all the ways designers communicate with different size legs, padding, etc to determine different feels.

3. slow down and add details. details make a design. for example, your phone with a wrap around screen has potential to be hot, but if you take a closer look at something even as simple as an iphone, you will notice how many details there are behind such a simple form.

d.

New sketches!!! Any tips would be nice.
Dual-Wheel Personal Transportation_resized.jpg
Pocket Knives - Rendered_resized.jpg
Knife - Rendered_resized.jpg

When trying to develop a sketch style or just trying to improve your skills, i’ve always found the following methods really beneficial:

To improve sketch forming (more acurately laying down the initial lines/bounding box of your sketch) pick a single opject and sketch it many times, the same object, from many different angles. Try to communicate the form in just a few quick lines. You’ll find this will program your appraisal of what your sketching and then translate to when your sketching an idea.

The second method i like to use to improve my sketch communication is when sketching an idea, take that idea and sketch it quickly, many times, from different angles. Again i like to try and lay the inital form, outline in as few sketch lines as possible.

The main thing, and it certainly looks like you’re doing that, is to practice, practice and then some. It looks like you’re improving, keep up the good work.

Do you have any suggestions for things to draw for my level? Because I don’t want to do something too complex like a car from a lot of angles, I want to get the basics first.

Sure, there are lots of items you could choose. I wouldn’t confine it to one product type.

Starting off, it is a good idea to go for a more simple object as you say. It can be anything i suppose. I would suggest looking at everyday objects around the house or office. A toaster, a kettle. or a hole punch, or stapler. something that you can place in front of you and study.

if you find one thing isn’t working for you, move to another product and then come back to it.

Thanks, I’ll do that and post some up

I tried downloading the pdf but got an error “improper text converter”
???

it’s a power point, not a pdf.

this has been said before. but ill repeat it cuz its worth it:

1. use reference sketches. when ur starting out, its good to copy from sketches u think are great. follow demos, copy styles while u start out. (eg- simkom.com)
  2. practice. it’s the most boring fact. practice makes perfect.

good luck. i hope this helps.

Finally getting around to posting here.

Samsung Instinct_resized.jpg