Some of my Recent projects. - Please Critique and Advise

OK, here it goes… I’m finally able to postsome work… hope you can give me some feedback. Heres my story, Just got done with two years at Art Institute in Seattle (a school i will save for another topic)…I’m looking to xfer for a bachelors soon and am in need of some advice regarding my work - where to start etc… anything is helpfull - thanks!

more…

more…

golf Cart sketches

Thats all for now… More Later

a good start, I think you are in a decent place for a sophomore. Where are you looking at transferring to? Keep working on that lignweight and fill your forms out more, a lot of it feels a bit sucked in.

Thanks yo… now that i have a decent scanner, ill continue to post work and hopefully improve…
lineweight - good call -
sucked in - like too tight?

i’d like to stay in the Seattle area - but still unsure about the status of UWs program right now… i’ve spoken with advisors but what i need to do is talk to their ID director… also thought about Western, AiP, and Emily Carr.
all of which i would have to put off for a year or so if i go for.

If location were not a factor i would apply to UC and some others…
any suggestions?

Frankly, my advice would be to get out of the area. Emily Carr is good. Outside of that, get to Cali… Art Center, Art Academy, San Jose State, whatever. A few years in Cali is a good thing.

oh, and sucked in as in Anemic, a little hungry (a little too much on the negative curvatures). Michelangelo didn’t believe in negative form on the body, only the radiused intersection between positive forms. A little more positive form will bring your sketches to life, make them look stronger, faster, more real and substantial vs weak or melted.

Awesome! looking over what i have posted and reading that makes so much sense… Thanks for putting that together. Thanks yo…
i actually can’t wait to go home and draw now…

god thats wierd, never saw it like before… its like looking at a bunch of el-greco ID drawings… HA…fantastic.

SO, more positive forms… inflated… (not over inflated)…

thank you very much…

oh and regarding schools, i just orded come catalogs from CA schools…