SOLIDWORKS TRAINING.

Hi Designers,

Just wondering…which is the best way to learn Solidworks…to enroll in a training centre or get a copy and learn from books and CD/online tutorials.

I am familier with Rhino 3D (taught at Uni), and after several attempts of self learning of SolidWorks I was totally confused and frustrated. I need to learn to make more complex curved surfaces, organic & fluid shapes.

I am currently in employment so I can only do night schools…and self learning would be at weekends…How many hours do you think it would take to learn to use sufficently?? Or should i take a few weeks leave and go to training school??

Some advice would be very helpful?

Thanks Guys.

I think you will need to do both the training and the books or online courses… I teach SolidWorks so I know that my training center is not enough you need to find as much info as you possibly can on the subject you’re are trying to learn.

Visit… SolidSmack.com , Matt Writes’ Blog, Robert Rodriguez’s website, GXSC.COM for their tech blog, just google SolidWorks you’ll find a whole community out there waiting to help you.

I am familier with Rhino 3D (taught at Uni), and after several attempts of self learning of SolidWorks I was totally confused and frustrated. I need to learn to make more complex curved surfaces, organic & fluid shapes.

I am currently in employment so I can only do night schools…and self learning would be at weekends…How many hours do you think it would take to learn to use sufficently?? Or should i take a few weeks leave and go to training school??

Some advice would be very helpful?

Thanks Guys.

Yeah SW doesn’t work like Rhino…it takes a while to get a handle on the curvy stuff… visit Dimonte Group’s website…its a really good resource. About a good couple of weeks of nonstop use…should do it…to get you started…:slight_smile:

Hi No.2.

Many thanks for the advice and websites…they’re excellent sites…Looks like its gonna be a long month or two…:slight_smile: