SNEAKER FREAK

This is a new book out about footwear-kicks and it has alot of images and I about to purchase so will let you know what it looks like.

but it looks like alot of information and pics. PLUS its THICK so you know its alot…

check it out-(just scroll down a lil)

main site-

http://www.thamesandhudson.com/en/1/0500512159.mxs?
f745c208e74721b9d2e3278504ef5a39&&0&0&

uno-[/img]

cool, i NEED another book about sneaker culture

agreed-but i want to find one that tells a production story/process and you can see different projects and from sketches to final and have it detailed and have it really designed and layed out by designers rather than all these book out about collecting done and written by someone that has thousands of pairs of shoes in there atic. but its still nice to see books coming out on this subject manner.

well if you have not got it yet sole provider is a good book to pick up because it has—in small doses—some of the designers initial sketches and renderings. if you so not mind seeing the process work of other finished products, there is a book called Design secrets: 50 consumer Products which is really good (there is also a Design Secrets 2 now) that shows the whole process from start to finish i believe there are nike products in both (though not shoes!!!, but still cool)

i have sole provider-great book-i will check out the others
thanks

dv

Th book “SPOON”, which is another behind the scenes design book, has some great process sketches from some footwear designers as well.

I flipped through “spoon” during my lunch break…it wasn’t worth the $34.95 barnes and noble was asking…there are a few sketches by Martin Lotti but that’s it as far as footwear is concerned. Anyway, the sketches were nice but some have been published already.

unfortunately i think you are mostly paying for the rolled and embossed alluminum covers in the asking price of that book…

unfortunately i think you are mostly paying for the rolled and embossed alluminum covers in the asking price of that book…

So what are you saying? The book is poorly designed?

Wayne complained about the $34.95 price of the book, saying it might not be worth that. I pointed out that the rolled and embossed aluminum covers are probably adding to the cost.

What are you saying?

It was $34.95 for slightly damaged a paperback edition…if it matters to anyone

… so, damn, I wonder what the metal cover one costs…

i saw the metal for like 39. spoon is a great book though…a lot of very cool ideas that are great for inspiration

I purchased Spoon when it came out for ~$50, probably wasnt worth it.

I purchased Spoon when it came out for ~$50, probably wasnt worth it. The book occupies a precarious identity between coffee-table design book, and something that has value to the designer; probably ideal as a coffee-table book for a designer

yo sneaker heads?

what kinda shoes you guys collect?

i do usually nike dunks and nike sb’s

i quit on jordans

im poor anyways