sketch layout advise

hello there

as everybody else i want to become better in presenting my ideas faster and clearer, im trying some sketches. i didnt edit it or anything just draw on paper and scan… any advice how to improve presenting them…

i also notice the other peoples sketches are too clean and organized, is it edited, overlay a lot, collage or compilation to make it look better?

heres a couple of them

like every great question the answer is: depends
i guess it depends on the purpose of your presentation. I always try and think about that before i setup the layout…

theres the main three that i use for catagorizing.

exploratory - ideation sketches…
explanatory - describing features etc…
persuasive - pretty pictures for oOos and Ahs… icing on the cake etc…
have your audience in mind too… that helps

curious to hear what the pros have to say…

yeah, i would like to know how they collage and combine the sketches as ideation presentation…

Look at some of the vet’s websites and browse coroflot

I’ve been working on mine recently and have noticed that when people present sketches at varying scales it bugs me a bit. If it’s the same product and approxiamtely the same size, the sketches should be approximately the same size… or alternatively, like you have done above, scale the sketch with a known object like a hand etc… (usually though hands are more prevelant in expolanatory sketches for showing how the thing will be used… theres no one right way though… )