Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

yeah normally i would clean that up I think…this one i just left all of the exploration lines.

sketch…02

the “no-slipper” for the -inside designr-

This is my very first try with sketchbook pro 2.0 and the bamboo fun pad, WOW it had me at install. I have always worked in vector since CorelDraw3 and I also use a trackball. Using the pen and this software has opened a whole new world to me.

This sock is the start of an item I am going to flush out and I look forward to developing it. Think of it as a pair of batting gloves for your feet except the hardwood is the floor. The rubber is sewn into the sock and not applied as an appliqué, this is critical for allowing the contact parts of the foot to actually grip the floor and the sock.

Take Care,
Randall

btw, this is the first sketch concept stay tuned for V2

Women’s wedge concept. Delicate enough, with a little edge.

Humancargo: if that is a basketball shoe how is ankle support gonna work?

Jknodell: I like the simplicity and the texture…

ADD: Nice work for the first couple of sketches. on your last sketch the colar drops down a bit too low. The shoe doesn’t really look like it could be worn due to the form contruction of your sketch - its a bit too boxy. If you find a balance with organic lines you would create a very nice style of your own

Hello nmaloy,

“This sock is the start of an item I am going to flush out and I look forward to developing it. Think of it as a pair of batting gloves for your feet except the hardwood is the floor. The rubber is sewn into the sock and not applied as an appliqué, this is critical for allowing the contact parts of the foot to actually grip the floor and the sock.”

it’s a sock :slight_smile:

Here is one of my shoe designs:

Take Care,
Randall

fair enough…

NICE!

I’m really liking Sketchbook Pro a lot. This morning I wanted to do a material test to see if I can draw different textures so I decided on a war boot/ construction boot.

I remembered seeing in print or on the net some small USB powered fans and lights so it got me to thinking what about a USB power generating boot that uses the heel area for the generator while the user is walking. This small unit would power up various small USB drive items.

I guess you can get the idea. This sketch has served it’s purpose but I thought it looked pretty cool.
Randall

ive accepted the fact that there will never be another reebok shoe, in my opinion, that will ever strike my fancy like the first Question. but i figured i would try to come up with another question anyways. one that resembles the first one, not like the other two.

The Urban Cowboy. A boot that’s a little more Brooklyn and a little less bucking bronco.

jknodell: FIRE!!!

jknodell…

WOWZERS on the last one.

david

jknodell

:open_mouth:

Brilliant execution … Wow!
The lining is priceless.

Randall

The crossover:
Today I wanted to design a shoe that was influenced by shoes already on the market and uses an existing outsole (modified slightly…I couldn’t help it).

The Lateral image was completed with each item being a layer

The medial is the exploration of single layer shading overlay (details not complete)

The top view is the first sketch.

Randall

I feel kinda awkward posting these!

Why feel awkward? I love them, especially the bottom color render is very nice :smiley:

those are sweet MLC!
I may need to post some more now.
<—inspired.

This thread is awesome. Good work all around, keep’em coming.

melovescookies

This tells me that if you draw it post it. I have nothing but time on my hands and I’m over the moon that I have recieved some goodies for xmas and now I’m drawing shoes. Let it rip, I don’t think anyone can do any wrong with posting ideas, doodles, sketches or renderings.

I hope I’m not being a pest by posting my work in progress images while I explore shoe/sneaker design.

Here is an idea I had while eating based on my last drawing “crossover”.

Fullpress:
I am going to do a detailed drawing but at the moment I’m exploring what could be the quickest process for laying down a new idea with color. This drawing took 47min’s. from first sketch to what you see here.

Under the top securing flap it has laces. The welded hook and loop wraps around the foot tunneling through the outsole.

Take Care and post away,
Randall