Shopping Trip

Hi all,

I will be going for a “trend” shopping trip through europe in about 1 week. Here’s where I’m going: London - Paris - Copenhagen - Amsterdam.
It’s been a while since I’ve been there for shopping and wanted to ask the community for advice for good places to shop for shoes/sneakers/joggers/and more.
I’ve obviously been on superfuture and similar sites, but I thought I’d probably get better results from professionals here.

So what gives?

Thanks! Paul

For London check out:

Size? (Carnaby St. / Covent Garden): http://www.size-online.co.uk/
Glorias (Brick Lane, E.London): http://www.superdeluxe.net/Default.aspx?tabid=36
Nike Town (Oxford Street)
Puma store (Carnaby street)
Hideout (near Carnaby St.): http://www.hideoutstore.com/
Bond int. (near carnaby street): http://www.bond-international.co.uk/

Unfortunatly one of Londons best places for shoes, Footpatrol, is closed down since its lease ran out. There’s a bunch I’ve forgot but I’d recommend checking out Carnaby Street and Covent Garden and if you’d like to lose a few of the tourists and get a better feel for London head to Camden and Brick Lane. Hope this helps.

For the “and more”… Amsterdam Coffee shops Guide | Amsterdam.info

Seriously:::

Size? is the best sneaker shop in London! Check it out.

Stay to the west side of town in Amsterdam (Hooftstraat st). Also… don’t miss the Van Gogh Museum. it’s amazing: www.vangoghmuseum.nl/

GURU

What about office in London?

Oh, and have fun! Don’t just looks at shoes! Soak up the food, wine, art, culture…

Superfuture is a good go to, but then again in London it’s not that hard to find the usual places. Most are either Oxford st., Carnaby St. or Covent Garden.

For the smaller, more interesting places, best thing I would suggest is to ask some peeps at the cooler shops, (Size?, Footpatrol, etc.) and see where they point you. when you get there, ask those people…etc. etc.

Paris, I don’t know that well. Nor Amsterdam.

Copenhagen, there’s lots, but the whole city is pretty much in walking distance on side to another. A few to check are WoodWood, Henrik Vibskov, 1206CPH, Wallace, Norseprojects. Hotel Fox is good if you can get reservations. Also tons of good galleries and other shops around all these. For general inspiration, a big design department store called Illums Bolighus is awesome. Everything from Biomega bikes to Jacobsen chairs, Stelton dinner ware, and all in between.

For sure though do check out more than just shoes and shopping. Cafes, galleries, hardwares stores…better shut up before I give away all my tricks :slight_smile:

R

What hotels are you in?

office,not sure about that,don´t really like their shops.

definetly Carnaby st,Onitsuka´s shop,Puma London,Size,Camper,Office.
and you can find little shops at Carnaby with really nice stylish shoes.

Covent Garden
nike town (fantastic shop)
adidas

and you could check Candem Town as well,I found really interesting shoes there,not just punk shoes (is the punk and hippie area)

If you’re going to do London, you really should go to Brick Lane and hang around there. You can see the hipsters queue up to buy their white plimsolls for £4 from a man who sells them from a shop doorway. I usually get a coffee and sit outside and just watch everyone.

Yes Covent Garden etc. have good shops, but they are really tourist areas and the exciting stuff is happening outside of there.

Camden was and is Londons biggest tourist trap (No.1 most popular attraction apparently), but even so, has become very hip again - it’s a great place to see bands and you may see Amy Winehouse or Pete Doherty staggering about in a bit of a state. Saturday and Sunday are the best and busiest days to visit.

As well as Brick Lane /Spitalfields and surrounding areas, Portobello market on a Friday is where all the fashion trade goes to research vintage. Go to Ladbroke Grove Tube and walk east til you get to Portobello Road, it’s the opposite end of the market to the touristy /Notting Hill Gate end.

My other personal fave for inspiration is Alfies Antique Market, where you can see almost any era of furniture, jewellery, clothing and footwear.

Magma books in Covent Garden for anything graphic novel, or graphic design. RD Franks for fashion books.

Don’t forget to go to the Tate Modern and the Design museum.

If the OP could pm me and let me know when they are there I’d be happy to show them round if I am in town - it would force me to get out and about!

Make sure you go to Brick Lane and laugh at the Hoxtonites (?). Up-Market is there maybe on the weekend only but is a cool place to see some designers ware. There’s usually something going on in the Truman brewery around there too.

thats the polite term…

Heres the correct terminology Urban Dictionary: Shoreditch twat

Thanks everyone for your input!

London:
The Cumberland Hotel
by the marble arch - nw corner of hyde park

Paris:
Hotel Concorde St-Lazare
close to the champs-elysées

Copenhagen:
Scandic Webers
close to the main train station

and Amsterdam:
Marriott Hotel

i’ll keep you guys posted on how it was. also, i’ll be sure to get as much of every city as possible - not just shops!

TKS!

Go to Brick Lane…you will pick all trends just from the people walking around

Office is on poor form at the moment so no problem if you miss it

Foot Patrol is no longer

Three Threads near old street is a cool shop and carries the complete pointer collection which is a love hate.

Carnaby Street is picking up again with Puma etc but you don’t need to come to London to see shoes…there are much more inspiring things in the city

Also check out Savile Row as well, Tanner Krolle for colour etc etc…don’t waste your time in JD Sports

Just came back form paris,

Champs Elysees, tons of stuff.
Check out the Renault store, w full size f1 cars and models.
Tons of cool shoe places, adidas, etc.

Also check out the side streets, off of Boulevard Saint-Germain (around M etro Cluny-La Sorbonne) heading towards the river, cool boutiques and fashion stores.

Enjoy it.

Just came back form paris,

Champs Elysees, tons of stuff.
Check out the Renault store, w full size f1 cars and models.
Tons of cool shoe places, adidas, etc.

Also check out the side streets, off of Boulevard Saint-Germain (around M etro Cluny-La Sorbonne) heading towards the river, cool boutiques and fashion stores.

Enjoy it.