"Selfie Stick" Thermometer

Evening jam session: Random thought, you know how when you take your temperature when you are sick, but you can’t see the actual temp until it is all done? … I hate that. I want to see the temperature as it’s happening! So this is the Selfie Stick of digital thermometers :slight_smile: .

I’m loving seeing more of these renders being pumped out Yo! Funny how the little everyday annoyances start to grind after a while. Like having a stone in your shoe.

Young eyes.

• one

Is it a rectal thermometer?

Neat. So simple but smart!

I like the happy face with tongue out sign on the front. Should it maybe be on the screen though?

R

PS. Blue on blue background is really nice too… I might steal that look.

Thanks Richard. The tone on tone CAD renders (which I appropriated as well, so steal away :slight_smile: ) are a fun look. It almost becomes a modern day version of a Canson paper render.

Yes! Now I see that. Made me think of those renderings that are just so minimal chalk on a paper… maybe like this?

R

Nice idea +execution! I like the large display as well even though it compromises portability.

Thanks Ralph. Honestly I hadn’t;t thought about portability. I’ve never travelled with one. I could see how that might be more of an issue with potential pandemics. Ever since SARS I’ve experienced checkpoints while traveling through China where officials will take your temperature using a laser device. I always wondered why those have not become more available for the consumer market as they seem to take temperature pretty much instantaneously. Maybe they are not as accurate? I haven’t done research into them.

Laser thermometers apparently aren’t too accurate. They have them for babies and I thought I’d get one as you don’t need to bother the baby, but the doctor said don’t bother. I guess within normal range or slightly elevated for diagnostics is different than screening for full out SARS or Coronovirus at an airport.

Too bad. Because lasers.

R

maybe if they added bluetooth to the lasers? :wink: