San Fran Academy of Art University

I called the San Fran Academy of Art University and they told me they had 4 yrs unlike most other schools which have one full foundation year.

So I thought I could go for a year or two and transfer somewhere else because I’d like to minor in entertainment or enviornmental design. Im looking for feedback about the school and possibly the idea of transfering.
Thank you! :smiley:

I’ve heard generally good things, but if you mosey on over to the forums at wetpaint and a few others places you’ll find GARGANTUAN threads about AAU – the good, the bad, the ugly, the sexy, the whole echilada and most of the nine years, too. Just an fyi

I graduated from Academy of Art University’s ID program a year ago. It’s a decent school. It is good for learning practical skills (sketching, model making, CAD), not as much for learning design theory (problem solving, aesthetics, etc.)

The ID department was good several years ago. Almost 80% of graduate students got jobs in bay area. But now, everything changed. School just need money like a shopping store. kind of sad