Sample Portfolio Review and Feedback

I’d appreciate any feedback you might have on the linked sample portfolio. Thank you in advance.

http://www.bplusdesign.com/Oct%2009%20Sampler.pdf

bpport1,

Your sampler shows promise. One suggestion I would make is creating focus on your pages. Try and use scale, imagery and text to lead the viewers eye through the page. Your pages seem a little fragmented in focus. I would also get rid of the Technical drawing section as making technical drawing from hand doesn’t seem relevent any longer. Good start.

Best,

You’ve got some great sketching in there but I don’t feel that your layout shows it off as well as it could and I am left wondering what you are trying to show with the sketchwork and imagery that you have used. Try and think about how a viewer will approach your folio - what do they want to see first? How are they going to discover how you were thinking when developing a design, and what are your core skills? Also, why did you chose to design a particular product and how is your design an improvement on what is already out there? A user trip for the children’s oral health care product would be a great way of explaining this.

Finally, it would be nice to see a broader range of work in there but I agree that the technical drawings seem unnecessary.

You have a good base to work from, it is just the niggles that need some attention…