Salary Requeriments???

Hi, which is the minimun salary requeriments for a Industrial Designer per year???

How much earn per year a recent graduate in industrial designer???

Thanks a lot…

That information is posted somewhere here on Core77, if not try www.coroflot.com.

It really can depend on the area of the country (cost of living) and your design focus, ie. automotive, product, enviroment, etc. Of course it also depends on the quality of your portfolio and your skills.

I would say $28,000 is the low end, with $50,000 the high end. If you have a truly spectacular portfolio and grasp of design it can be higher.

I would like to see a recent grad portfolio worth $50,000.

$28,000 sounds really low. That’s the low, low end for entry graphic designers.

Actually the lowest end for Graphic Designers, and no i’m not kidding, this is from Monster.com is $10-$12/hr with no bennies. The requirements, 2 years+ experience and a BA in Graphic Design. I’ve been job searching for a few months now and I see this compensation in new jobs almost everyday, it’s really pathetic. I see an Industrial Design job pop up there about once a week, tops.

i knew car people entering at over $40k over 10 yrs ago. suspect they make that much hired out of school. but not more.

Actually the lowest end for Graphic Designers, and no i’m not kidding, this is from Monster.com is $10-$12/hr with no bennies. The requirements, 2 years+ experience and a BA in Graphic Design.

Yes that’s why they are posted on Monster (instead of The Creative Hot List or with some agencey.)

Most GDers are hired by word of mouth. No one is going to recommend a friend for that pay. Those $10-$12 jobs are like working at Kinkos. If they do get a designer with a degree that person will leave as soon as they find a real job.[/quote]