salary for product designer/new product dev?

Hi: I’ve got an interview for a product design position in the Seattle area and I’m not sure what the salary range I should be expecting since the domain of the position (textiles) is a bit of a change of direction for me. I did a search at salary.com but you know how the categories are really generic, so I’m not sure if it’s accurate or not, it said anywhere between 50k - 100k (nice range there!). The responsibilities would include: identifying and researching trends, generating/prototyping product concepts and taking them through production, helping to determine product strategy, assisting in sourcing materials and contract manufacturers, meeting and managing vendors, organizing and maintaining product specifications, and maintaining product quality control. It sounds like I would be working with an Operations Manager, Product Coordinator and Creative Director most of the time. As for me, I have a degree in New Product Development and 3 years of Product Design experience.

Hope someone out there can help me out with a ballpark figure…thanks so much!

(sorry that was me above, I got logged out for some reason…)

ugh, I would say the high 40’s to mid 50’s. Depends if it is a consultancy or corporate too. Seattle is pretty pricey, isn’t it?

thanks for the reply. yeah, seattle is pretty pricey. the place is not exactly corporate, but it’s not a small consultancy either. i would say probably around 35-50 people company.