Right and Left Brain "credentials", then what?!

There’s been a lot of talk&articles about the rise of creative&conceptual skills (which is hopefully encouraged&educated during a design education) and the possible future commoditization of the the quantitative&repetitive side of the brain (which is stereotypically encouraged in business school, engineering, accounting, etc.). But most of us designers see that today, the quant people are still calling the shots (not a lot of designers, musicians, or MFAs with CEO titles yet!!). And personally, I know a lot of degreed designers who talk vaguely about going back to school for an advanced degree in order to build their business credentials, understand corporate priorities, take leadership positions, balance their right brain, etc.

So I’d like to hear from anyone seriously considering this path, currently on this path, and especially those who have completed this path:
-what type of “left brain” enhancing or “well balanced” programs&degrees did you consider or complete? (specific Uni’s and program names are helfpul!!)
-what will or did you do afterwards? (type of work)
-was this “balance” something you could “sell”, something that was appreciated in the design or business world (curious which world was more interested&receptive to it), and were you rewarded appropriately for it?
-any other thoughts, recommendations, pitfalls to avoid for someone considering this path?

(x-posted)

i took this path long time ago. engineering first. thought it best. worked as engineer and manager for a while after. then returned to school to finish my plan. get ID degree.

after that got a regular ID job. yes, it helped sell me. but not much. basic design skills are still priority for entry-level ID. sketching, modelmaking, etc. it did however get used by the design firm when meeting/selling clients. lots of hot air tho.

real advantage came later. after reaching a certain level within ID, my engineering degree became more important. i’ve been offered some amazing opportunities. i suspect bc of my dual-degree. and my other skills help too of course.

downside: it’s a long path. and being an older wiser(?) entry-level designer doesnt always sit well with design managers. you can be viewed as a threat to their position. for good reason.