Rhino 3.0 keeps crashing allot! anyone experiancing this?

I have a pretty decent computer but not sure if it is that or the actual software.

Anyone have this problem or solution?

Yeah, mine crashes all the time as well. Not sure why really as it’s a fairly low power intensive programme. The Materials library in particular used to always cause it to crash. Weird.

A few questions:

1. Is it a cracked version?
  2. Do you have the latest SR installed?
  3. Do you have other memory intensive programs open (like Illustrator?)
  4. Do you have a copy of v4? If you go to v4…make sure you install the latest SR.

If your answers are:

1. Yes…go buy it, else
  2. No? Go install the latest SR, else
  3. Yes? Close the other memory hogging programs, else
  4. Yes? Install v4 and install the latest SR, else…
  5. save often.

[quote=“ip_wirelessly”]A few questions:

1. Is it a cracked version?
  2. Do you have the latest SR installed?
  3. Do you have other memory intensive programs open (like Illustrator?)
  4. Do you have a copy of v4? If you go to v4…make sure you install the latest SR.

If your answers are:

1. Yes…go buy it, else
  2. No? Go install the latest SR, else
  3. Yes? Close the other memory hogging programs, else
  4. Yes? Install v4 and install the latest SR, else…
  5. save often.[/quote]

1.no
    2.not sure
    3.no
    4.not sure
    5.always

Do you upload the SR/VA from rhino3d.com?

thx.

I had issues because I have an older graphics card. I had to change something but forgot what it is. I found the information to make the change at their web based forum.

Ya, you can get the latest SR from the Downloads section on www.rhino3d.com you will just need your cd-key

I also know that in v4 they have a “check for upgrades” button in the help or tools section…can’t remember if they do in version 3

[/quote]

Ya, you can get the latest SR from the Downloads section on www.rhino3d.com you will just need your cd-key

I also know that in v4 they have a “check for upgrades” button in the help or tools section…can’t remember if they do in version 3[/quote]

I’ll try that.

thanks