rendering

Any rendering software out there you might consider the best? Easy to use, delivers, and works with solidwork, rhino and pro e files.

http://www.bunkspeed.com/index.html

Bunkspeed Hypershot hands down… I have been using it at my last two jobs… It’s amazing.

Check out the link above.

Dude! This program is amazing, it runs with almost every 3d software out there.

What version of HyperShot are you utilizing, Web, HD, or Pro?

Thank you for posting this.

I am currently using the HD version which works great for most PDFs presentations… I am looking into getting the PRO version which has unlimited resolution. It also does turntable animation. All in all amazing program, I highly recommend it! You can get photo real results in under 10 min…

jna14,

Can you explain the pixels a little more in detail?

Web = 360K
HD = 4.1m

Is that pixels/inch for the final rendered image?

And does Web only work in RGB?

Could be colors? Just a guess.

Looks like a great program, looking to pick it up soon to replace Maxwell 3D (the UI is just a bit too much for me)

Thats the resolution (same as megapixel ratings on a camera) that you can export a rendering at. IE the HD version could render an image at something like 2400x1700 pixels.

Cyberdemon,

What is Realtime Resolution?

The specs state that HD has a Realtime Resolution of up to 1,920 by 1,080

Realtime resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 72 dpi.

If you want to print out the images, you can convert them to “hi-res” by dividing the resolution (1920 x 1080) by 200 dpi to give you the size of the out put image.

So, a 1920 x 1080 rendering converted to a 200 dpi image will give you a photo quality image at 9.6 inches by 5.4 inches.

To extend that out the web version will give you a 360K image which is probably like 800 x 450 @72 dpi.

If you want to print it you will have a 4" x 2.25" image that you can print with good quality.

You could probably get away with 150 dpi to get a bit bigger image, but you will start to see some rasterization happening the bigger you get with a low res image.

It takes a bit to wrap your head around this stuff, but its pretty straight forward once you glom on.

Being that Hypershot is a rendering package it is likely only in RGB and any conversion to CMYK would have to be post processing in Pshop or something similar.

Oooooo…man. Color. The pandora’s box of design.

Since Hypershot is a real time renderer the real time resolution is the max that can be displayed on screen in real time. The render resolution is the max size that it can output to a still image.

IE the web version has the same render resolution as the realtime resolution (what you see is what you get) but with the HD version you can actually generate a higher resolution image than what you are viewing on screen in real time.

I want to give Hypershot a run, though our single core workstations will probably choke - I was under the impression initially that it was GPU based.

If you want to print out the images, you can convert them to “hi-res” by dividing the resolution (1920 x 1080) by 200 dpi to give you the size of the out put image.

So, a 1920 x 1080 rendering converted to a 200 dpi image will give you a photo quality image at 9.6 inches by 5.4 inches.

I was taught to print images at 300 dpi, is a 200 dpi print acceptable?

Depends on your use. A large format set of boards (that are viewed from a distance) would be fine with ~150 dpi images, whereas if you’re printing a 8x11 sheet thats going to be read close up a drop in DPI may be more noticable.

Theres no hard and fast rule, certain images printed at a lower DPI will hide the pixelation much better than others - also certain printers do a better job of blending the image during printing than others.

It all comes down to what the purpose is. You can get away with as low as 150 but you might not have as crisp as you want.

300 DPI is photo quality. Pretty much the same as what you’ll get from a kodak photo. I believe I have read that the eye can’t process beyond 300 dpi either…not sure how much I buy that though.

Experiment. You can do it easy enough with a screen shot of one of your cad models. Take the screen shot into Pshop and fiddle with the resolution settings (100, 200, 300 dpi). Make sure you maintain the same real world size (i.e 4" x 5") and then print them out.

I have found that once you’re over 200 dpi, most people won’t notice the difference as if it were printed at 300 dpi. But if you’re printing an ad for a magazine, for instance, that’s when ensuring your resolution is 300 or greater.

hehe…jinx.

Thanks for the explanation guys.

ip, I’ll give your print test a try.

Sorry to steer this thread away from its original purpose. Let’s get it back on course.

FYI…here’s a test render I did with HyperShot today. Took me an hour or so to wrap my head around things. 10 mins to set-up/import and another 10 to render on a 2 year old Toshiba Tecra M7 Centrino Duo with 2G RAM.

what about v-ray

vray’s awesome, but not as easy to use.

Hypershot looks nice for keeping an accurate judge of the look while you’re working. I think it has a lot of potential, especially for when you just need to send screenshots to the marketing guys or for feedback from the rest of management.

I’m not sure you can beat vray for the realism though. There are some nice tutorials out there and with the right setup you can get pretty quick renderings. This is only my second time rendering in vray, default global lighting. I made the textures myself but no decals or perfs for the speaker grill yet. When you have things like glass you have to bump up the settings for it which increase time but for these I kept them low so you can see some funky stuff happening with the shot with glass in it.

I’d say these were decent for 2-4 min renderings at medium quality settings.
Also these were on my tecra m7, 1.8gh core2duo, 2gb ram, nvidia graphics, with itunes, quicken, and acrobat pro running in the background.