Rendering Software for Solidworks

Hi, Thanks. Amping up the GI +raybounces does help but does not solve it completely. I will try different tessellation qualities soon and let you know the test results, once I have the time since this is a 1+Gb Keyshot file. For now I solved by, for each camera setup, creating a custom HDRI map with the highlights where I want them, and use emissive lights only at a low intensity setting to generate reflections in windows/metal parts. I am also creating invisible planes with gradient labels on them for specific reflections. Once the animation is done I will post a link online.

Just FYI…

That’s a useful link! thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

http://trens.eu

I was responsible for vehicle design, 3D modeling in Solidworks, all renderings and the animation.
The animation took about 24 hours to render @72opx HD, 25fps.

I for one would like to see more renders from everyone. Esp if it’s native in Solidworks and not using a plugin. What we need in our workflow is a tool that does good enough otherwise a plug in is necessary.

These renders are all several years old but are all native SolidWorks Photoview 360 with Photoshop retouching/ enhancement.If you’re willing to take the time to set up the render and materials, SW can produce excellent results without having to use another package.

you have nice hair :wink:

I don’t recommend Photoview 360 anymore, I have used it a few times but due to the engine the image looks inherently ‘tacky’ compared to other renderers. Also clients today recognize this quality and will reject your work. Much better to stick to dedicated software for everything you do.