Project help - Suburban constructions - Student Project

Hi all, I was going to put this in the ‘Students and Schools’ board but it seemed to be a bit more about Uni information. Anyway, I’m in the process of writing my Industrial Product Design dissertation / final project and am in need of a bit of feedback and input.

For my project I’m exploring suburban developments, this being anything from fixing a boiler to an extension on your house, and creating a solution for some of the main pain points or ethical issues encountered. I’d look into three different user groups: people that hire tradesmen, neighbours of construction sites, and tradesmen. I don’t expect to create a single product that can be used for any situation but, instead, design a small business, that could be bought into, that promotes the values most desired by users.

Potential outcomes of my project could be:

• Create an identity - explore graphics and the physical identity of the company (no more white van man?)
• Create a line of hardware / power tools that have been designed around the main issues. (Would focus on 1 product and suggest design direction of others - look into how I’d work with a chosen style, maybe Shape Grammar)
• Realize a common issue and design a solution for it i.e. Scaffolding eye sore, or dust pollution

Would aim to to one or two of them points, all three would be too much to tackle.

I’ve written up a small questionnaire that hopefully gives me some more perspective on suburban construction:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9FZKPWK

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. I would love to hear your feedback on the direction of this project, am I digging into something that isn’t even an issue? Any better suggestions on a potential outcome?

Kind regards, Jed Taylor