Product Design Qualifications - Help?

What kind of qualifications and courses would I need to take to work in Furniture/Homeware product design? ie. Furniture, Kitchenware design, that kind of thing?

I need to start thinking about college courses/qualifications, and am almost certain that this is a route that I want to take.

Thank you for the help!

PS. I’m in England, just in case the courses/qualifications are different worldwide!