PRATT MID

Hello everybody - I’ll also be attending the MID program, starting this fall. I’ve been living in Brooklyn for the past 7 years, the past three in Clinton Hill… so I know the neighborhood fairly well. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the neighborhood… I’m no expert about Brooklyn of course but I’ll try my best to answer any questions! :slight_smile:

Are any of you taking the model building class this summer? I will not be able to take it because of work… will I be missing something?

Look forward to meeting you all in the fall… or maybe even before!

Carolina
tinsarph@yahoo.com

Hey,

I’m starting this fall as well, but I’m not coming out to Brooklyn until mid-August. I’m currently living in California, and have been trying to find some info on Brooklyn…anything helps, because I’ve probably spend a total of 2 hours there-outside the campus gates. Email me:

kristinriccio4@hotmail.com
Thanks.

Look forward to meeting everyone this fall!!

-kris

I’m also moving to Brooklyn from California (Los Angeles). I’ll be entering the Masters in Architecture program. How is the move going? What are you taking with you? Are you getting a van to take stuff out there for you. I’ve never made such a big move before. I would love to chat about making the move.

joacue@netscape.net

yup yup…
will be joining MID too.
will be coming to NY on 6th August.
ok to meet up on 7th August??
loads to talk about!

I just signed up for the mentor for upcoming students.
I will be just one out of many mentors. School will set me up with few students that I will call or write to, but if anyone have any question, I will be glad to answer it if I can.
I am doing this because when I started the program, nobody told me what and where things are.
I wished I found the basic information before the school started, so I didn’t have to rush myself all over the place.
I am also experienced with materials and tools. So, I will be glad to answer anyone’s questions about what to get or where to get these. I am sure you will learn from the classes, but it’s always better to know before the project starts.
Good luck.
You can find my email in my profile.

To Pratt MID fall 05 students,
Everyone seems really excited about the course,so am I. But everyone seems more worried about accomodation than
the course itself. Wouldnt it be great if we can share about

• course registration- what courses is everyone planning to take for the first sem and why?
  • What are the areas in which you all are preparing to get ready for the course? viz sketching, tech drawing, softwares, reading etc etc…
  • what each of us expect to achieve through the course?
    So pour in guys!!!