PRATT.............(again)

Whats up guys, ITS SURAJ comin to ya from TEXAS, ill be starting the COMM D undergrad in the fall. Looking forward to alot of good times Ill be up there first or second week of Aug. But if anyone wants to drop me a line the email is Surajg87@aol.com.

Suraj OUT- :wink:

Hey all! Iā€™m an incoming undergrad. freshman writing major.Although, I am a New Yorker and am not traveling across the country, Iā€™m excited nonetheless to move to Pratt this August-- good times up ahead! I would love to meet any fellow Pratt students. If you want to say hello you can e-mail me at mkchillemi@hotmail.com

hi, my nameā€™s toby, and i still havenā€™t formally decided between sva and pratt. iā€™d be a transfer student coming in as a painting undergraduate this fall, and i already live in brooklyn, but iā€™m looking to move soon. iā€™m 24/f and i play the drums, so iā€™m looking to find a loft or other industrial space where noise is acceptable and where thereā€™s room for art, etc. i am otherwise quiet and considerate and NOT a partier (am looking to have the same, although i expect itā€™ll be a challenge to find other sober musician types). iā€™d be interested in splitting the space with one other person and am looking for an august 1st move date, in greenpoint, clinton hill, bushwick, and the other surrounding neighborhoods.

interested in chatting with any of you pratt people! :slight_smile:

peace,
toby

sorry, by ā€œchatā€ i meant email or exchange #s and talk.

Iā€™m going to be camping/driving cross country from philly to calgary the next two weeks, but then iā€™d love to talk to others about maybe getting a place together (figured out what 1br apartments costā€¦)

-mel

Hey everyone!! :astonished:
I think this is a wonderful way to meet fellow Pratt students. I will be moving to New York from San Francisco on Aug 19/20. To get in touch here is my email: lisali87@hotmail.com. Hopefully Iā€™ll see many of you guys at the Brooklyn campus. Bye! :sunglasses:

hey guys,
seems like everyoneā€™s older hereā€¦anyone just starting as an undergrad? Iā€™m coming in this year and would like to meet people.

Iā€™m going into Pratt for the Communication Design (graphic design) BFA program. I know some kids that go there already, but its always nice to meet new people. I noticed that alot of people are coming out of state, which really suprised me. My screen name is sNOxWTOeā€¦so contact me if you want.

I am moving to New York form Dallas, Texas in August. I will be starting grad school for Architecture. I donā€™t know if I will have a grad apartment until July, and I am dying to know. I canā€™t wait to start and get out of hereā€¦it isnā€™t comming fast enough! Hope to here from some of you.
e-mail: ArchShark@hotmail.com

Iā€™ll hopefully be attending Pratt in the fall as a freshmen, majoring in architectureā€¦ does anyone know how you find out if they actually apporve the PLUS loans??? My mom has been bugging me about it, but I really have no idea what to tell her, aside from calling them. Do I just need to wait longer? Well anywayā€¦ Iā€™m looking to get to know some other arch studentsā€¦ talk to me on aim! my sn is skuldpt6010ā€¦

hey! im going to be doing interior design as well. i live in thailand but iā€™ll be in ny in mid aug. iā€™d like to talk to interior design freshmenā€¦ actuallyā€¦anyone going to be at pratt this fall. so, email me: natasha.ns@gmai.com or msn or aim :smiley:

635a pdt

Good Morning. Reading the replies on this board seems to be opening my eyes as to whatā€™s going on around the nation in relation to Pratt.

I see that there are several people in the Architecture Program who reflect similar questions that I too have been having to ask. To date, the Administration Officials have been quite helpful in directing my questions to the correct authorities.

Of the M. of Architecture II students, does anyone still draw with pencil, pen, and paper? Or have all the hand arts been thrown out and replaced by computers?

In the model shops, who uses the facilities the most - undergraduate students, graduate students, or all students from the respective design programs?

Does Pratt issue a sort of ā€œSurvival Guideā€ for new students? If so, I would like a copy.

I have more questions to ask, but I think this repy is becoming a bit lengthy. If anyone wants to answer my questions or has a comment to communicate you can e-mail me at misterjackson@gmail.com.

-jt

Hello all! Iā€™m an incoming Freshman as well. Iā€™m waffling between Graphic Design and Art History as a major at the moment, and Iā€™m not quite sure which track Iā€™m going to lean towards. Iā€™m excited to see so many incoming students! It makes me feel a little less alone. Iā€™ll be moving in somewhere around the 19th and living on campus, and I canā€™t wait to start meeting some of you. Iā€™d love to chat before-hand, so drop me a line at lyraluthuen@gmail.com. Oh, does anyone happen to know around when they start issuing school email addresses? See you all in Brooklyn!
-Janelle

Oops! Looks like I forgot to log in too. Well, here it is again:

Hello all! Iā€™m an incoming Freshman as well. Iā€™m waffling between Graphic Design and Art History as a major at the moment, and Iā€™m not quite sure which track Iā€™m going to lean towards. Iā€™m excited to see so many incoming students! It makes me feel a little less alone. Iā€™ll be moving in somewhere around the 19th and living on campus, and I canā€™t wait to start meeting some of you. Iā€™d love to chat before-hand, so drop me a line at lyraluthuen@gmail.com. Oh, does anyone happen to know around when they start issuing school email addresses? See you all in Brooklyn!
-Janelle

Hi everybody. Iā€™m an incoming undergraduate freshman in ID, but I may switch to Communications Design (Art Direction). I live in a tiny town in Western North Carolina and will be moving to NY on Aug. 19/20. Iā€™m also looking to meet incoming and current students, so drop me a line at malia.f@gmail.com. Thanks!

Malia

Hey iā€™m moving from RI to Pratt in August to start in the Masters of Urban Design and Architecture program and donā€™t know a single person there! Is there anyone else that reads this who is starting in or already is in that program? Feel free to give me an IM or send me an emailā€¦ iā€™m anxious to meet some people down there!

-Martina
AIM SN: bluArch82
email: bluArch882@aol.com

hey everyoneā€¦im gonna be a grad student in the communication design program. im coming in from burlington vt in august and donā€™t know anyone at pratt yet so drop me a message! also, any grad students planning on living on campus??

can contact me at hlesko82@hotmail.com or AIM LiLLesko3

Hey, Iā€™m going to be starting in August for a MFA in Communication Design. Unlike most of you guys (it seems) Iā€™ll be primarily in Manhattan since thatā€™s where the Communication Arts building is located. (I think?)

Iā€™d love to meet people in the same program (or just people I can harass in general), you can email me at legendz28@hotmail.com or on AIM, my screenname is Juice5942. Look forward to chatting with you guys.

I already live in NY (Queens) and have an apartment so Iā€™ll be taking the train. Luckily, the Pratt Manhattan campus is just a few stops away from where I work, so it shouldnā€™t be too bad.

Iā€™m starting this year too.

ragdoll.617@gmail.com
aim: steelersxchick

so (Iā€™ve decied ā€˜heyā€™ is now an ultimately boring word after skimming through all of the posts) Iā€™m going to Pratt this fall as a freshman and Iā€™m thinking ceramics. I donā€™t talk much but you can try. Iā€™ll be lurking around.

sn: headtenant

hmmā€¦ i saw alot of "ID"s hereā€¦ i was just wonderingā€¦ is itā€¦ interior designā€¦ or is it industrial designā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: hehehehehe :stuck_out_tongue: