Portfolio

I want to apply for the ID course at OCAD, but I´m not sure about the portfolio´s requirements. They say “Your portfolio is an important part of your admission application. It needs to demonstrate that your skill and talent equip you to succeed in your first year of study”. Does anyone have any tips about how to put that kind of portfolio together? I mean a portfolio that shows “skill and talent to succeed”.

I want to apply for the ID course at OCAD, but I´m not sure about the portfolio´s requirements. They say “Your portfolio is an important part of your admission application. It needs to demonstrate that your skill and talent equip you to succeed in your first year of study”. Does anyone have any tips about how to put that kind of portfolio together? I mean a portfolio that shows “skill and talent to succeed”.

Hey Caroline,
I am currently in my 3rd year studying ID at OCAD. What they want to see from your portfolio is a wide variety of pieces that show your creativity. Since you’re applying for a 3d program, you should include more 3d pieces; sculptures, 3d models, 3d drawings. Other than 3d pieces, feel free to show anything else that shows your own creativity.