Portfolio of Jared Downs

Hey,

So I am currently a junior at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston MA. This coming spring semester (2010) we go on co-op and I am actively looking for one. So my question for you guys is can all of you give me as much feedback (everything is welcome, only makes me stronger) about my portfolio as possible!

Please go to Jared Downs, Industrial Designer in Salt Lake City, UT to view my portfolio.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Jared Downs

Hey,

have to say, I like it. It’s a no nonsense portfolio. Maybe you could go for some more sizzle and bump up the colors a little bit, play with the graphic design but if that’s not your style than this is totally fine.

What kind of co-op are you looking for?

Interesting, you were the one that took the Laconia job.

I think CAD is pretty standard you could maybe work on your ability to model organic shapes. Other than that, I would recommend working on your sketching with regards to your linework and general excitement. I’ve noticed that I am much more likely to look at a portfolio that has some beautiful, fun sketches before a portfolio that has tons of CAD work. That’s simply my perspective. Good start, keep going.

I am up in the air as to knowing exactly what I’d like to do, I have alot of interests. But I am thinking along the lines of athletic equipment or softgoods, but still open to anything.

Thanks to both for the comments, as for everyone else, lay it on me, I know you all have opinions!