Portfolio feedback/critique (ww)

http://issuu.com/wataru/docs/2008ww_portfolio_11x17

Hello everyone, I’m currently working on my portfolio and wanted to get some feedback on it.

This version is more for print and not ideal for screen, which I’ll do as well for emailing.

Any questions, comments, criticism on the portfolio or projects would be great, thanks!

w22, nice layouts, but it seems more like a project book than a portfolio.

Honestly, when I get people in going this deep on a sing;e project, it can be tedious. Remember, the purpose of a portfolio is not to dive into every nuance and detail on a project, it is to tell the story of why you should get the job. To do that you want to show off your capacity to think, to tackle multiple problems with efficiency, to ideate a wide array of viable solutions, you ability to mentally make leaps to less predictable, more forward thinking solutions… in addition to showing off all the core skills and competencies.

thanks for the comment yo, I definitely took the project book approach but should’ve known better. I keep thinking that they might ask about this or that and I should have it in there in case but it’s actually overloading.

Back to the drawing (InDesign) board I go.

condensing your work is definitely a first step. It would be hard for anyone interviewing to look at 46 pages of work. Have you tried condensing each project down to no more than 3 spreads? try it and see what happens.

Rita Sue Siegel told me that have a portfolio that shows a summary of all your work and if the inteveiwer wants to see more work from that project, than you can pull out the project book.

just a suggestion.

Process books, and sketchbooks are great too, because in most cases you will be interviewing with several different people in the room. Being able to pass out these books and keep everyones attention while also gettting some of the initial attention off of you i found helpful.

Nice layouts and thinking, I also like the user interface portion.

Process books, and sketchbooks are great too, because in most cases you will be interviewing with several different people in the room. Being able to pass out these books and keep everyones attention while also gettting some of the initial attention off of you i found helpful.