portfolio critique

I’m considering applying to some ID programs but I haven’t completed any work recently. I’ve taken some weekend workshops last summer but that’s about it.

I’ve already had 2 years of college as an art history/chemistry student so I have to apply as a transfer (which means i have until roughly mid-march to complete my portfolio).

I hesitate to even call this a portfolio…but I would really appreciate if you could take a look at my work and offer suggestions on what I could do to resurrect my portfolio.

Imgur

Is there anything there that I could use as is? What kind of work should i focus on creating? is it hopeless?

thank you so much for your constructive, honest feedback. seriously, thanks.

monica

don’t beat yourself down. I think you could use it all. It shows your skill level when it comes to the artistic side of ID.
On the other hand, if you would like to transfer into a program, you would have to show some ID related work as well.
Why not try to design something? Just look at a good process book and apply that process to a project of your own. Design is so much about problem solving and fresh ideas. It would be great if you could show some of that besides you really nice art work.

I think this would be a very good freshman portfolio, I’m not sure what they look for in a transfer portfolio, but I think adding some ID related stuff would help round it out.